Replies

• cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • leska1216
    leska1216 Posts: 260
    Options
    Chicken marinated or seasoned to taste and baked. Rice or potatoes and leafy green veggies on the side.

Ditto!! Baked chicken, rice, veggies!! Yup, the best dinner ever.....
  • leska1216
    leska1216 Posts: 260
    Options
    -Buy your boneless skinless chicken breast in bulk; separate them and put them in the freezer.
    -I also buy frozen vegetables (or buy fresh, blanch then freeze, best savings for seasonal vegetables)

Orange chicken stir fry
    1 boneless skinless chicken breast 6oz (240 calories)
    1 cup frozen stir fry vegetables (40 calories)
    2 Tbsp Kikkoman Soy sauce (20 calories)
    2 Tbsp Panda express orange sauce (70 calories)
    Total calories= 370 calories

-Take frozen chicken breast out of freezer and put in a small pot with enough water to cover the chicken breast and cook over medium heat. When chicken breast is fully cooked take off unit, drain off water, and cut chicken into cubes.
    -Wash pot and then put the cubed chicken back into the pot and add your 2 Tbsp of orange sauce to the chicken, set on low heat until vegetables are done.
    -In a separate pan pour your cup of frozen stir fry vegetables into pan and pour soy sauce and a little water into pan cover with a lid to steam the vegetables.

Instead of dumping the chicken water down the drain why not save (freeze) and use as stock base for soup??
  • bkwhit1964
    Options
    need these recipes sounds yummy
  • magicsd
    magicsd Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Frank's Buffalo Chicken Sauce (next to the hot sauce), chicken breast and crock pot. So YUMMY!
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    bump.

Some of these recipes look good! How about a grilled chicken sandwich? I would stay away from the "canned chicken" that was mentioned earlier... It doesn't sound good. lol
  • horses7777
    Options
    bump
  • RachelLovesHockey
    Options
    I think plain grilled chicken breast seasoned to taste is underrated in a big way. Grilled is my favorite cooking method, but baked or fried in a little bit of olive oil is ok, too. Have a vegetable or two as a side and its a great meal.
  • emily3816
    emily3816 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    For dinner my favorite easy meal is to mix 0% greek yogurt with dijon mustard, capers, garlic, Lawrys seasoning salt, and parmesan cheese (mix it to your taste, I put more yogurt than dijon) put this mix over chicken breasts till they're completely covered (drown them in the stuff!) and pop in the oven at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. SOOOO GOOD! Saute some asparagus w/ garlic and lemon and you've got a delicious, low-cal dinner!