Foot injury

Options
On Monday 10/8/12, I ran 6 miles for the first time ever. However, I have had intense foot pain and a little swelling and tightness below the ankle. I have soaked it numerous times in an Epsom salt bath and I rock my foot back and forth to relieve some of the tightness. It helps only a little bit. .

I hate going to the doctor (and I dont have insurance or a full time job to pay for an office visit) so if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Go to the doctor. In the meantime, RICE therapy: Rest, Ice, Compression (Ace wrap) and elevation.
  • phonepest
    Options
    Don't know you...but I DO know foot injuries....definitely get it seen...I have severe arthritis that set in due to not treating an injury, just "pushing through" it...I'm now forced to wear strongly corrective shoes, and am looking at surgery within the year....if you can, see a podiatrist and try to get an Una boot.(soft compression somewhere between an ace wrap and a cast...works great) Whatever you do...DON'T tough it out! Hope it's feeling better soon!
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    It's peroneal tendonitis. I have an icing regimen, anti inflammatory meds, and I need to lay off for a while.