5'7 Ladies Starting at at 190

Options
kmk1985
kmk1985 Posts: 8 Member
I am starting my Weight loss journey at 190 pounds. What are some tips and advice anyone has, and does anyone who started at 190 have any weight loss photos?

Replies

• Girl_Bomb
    Girl_Bomb Posts: 195
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and and started at 196! There's before & after pics in my profile
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    Well, i'm 5'7 and I originally started over 210lbs, but I struggled around 185-190 for a long time. Now I cant get past the 165 mark! lol... but my biggest advice is that its all about the exercise. i look better now that i've been toning up my muscles and i can eat more and still lose weight... it's slower than it used to be though, i think i must be gaining some muscle finally (i'm def not buff, just less jiggly, lol))
  • misty0413
    misty0413 Posts: 212
    Options
    Not exactly stated at 215 and am at 188. consistency is what has worked for me. Once a month I have a couple slices of pizza sometimes lean cuisine pizza, no alcohol. I eat the same on the weekends that I do during the week. Its prettty boring but I am very determined.
  • lisab0864
    lisab0864 Posts: 154
    Options
    My weight tended to max out between 190 - 200 lbs (course there were some months that I wouldn't get on the scale). Picture on the left is from the first time (of three) that I got fat around 1994 (age 30).. Picture on the right is from October 2011 (yep younger woman is girl from first picture) - 5 months after I hit goal. First time I lost weight I did it on Weight Watchers and got down to about 153.. Quickly regained it after quitting dieting. Second time I lost weight (Fall 2002), I did it by exercise alone and got down to 162 -- couldn't get any lower cuz I didn't change my diet. This last time (started July 2010) I just counted calories (eventually changing my way of eating) and started walking 30 minutes/day most days of the week -- took me 9 months to lose 50+ pounds but I have kept it off ever since (weight today is around 140). My advice is to figure out what will work for you -- don't listen to the people who say you can't eat this and have to eat that, don't listen to the ones who say that you have to exercise (what seems like) a million hours/week, or the ones that say you can't eat at night. I lost weight eating eggs and bacon for breakfast most days of the week, only walked 1 1/2 miles most days of the week, and 50+% of my daily calories were eaten from suppertime on.
  • jsdholland
    jsdholland Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am at 190 now, have lost 50 to get here, but hoping to get to 135-140. Eating tons of fruits, veggies, fiber, and trying to increase my exercise endurance, but mostly doing it everyday with small "cheats" only 1-2 times per month. You can do it, take pics now and measurements too...it really helps to see that progress when you are struggling through a day or week.
  • JessieD2482
    Options
    I have 50lbs to loose, and have only lost 3 pounds in just under a month. I am 5'7 191 and would love it if people with similar height, weight and goal could add me as a freinds so that I could see what other people that are doing well are eating.
  • Momto4under7
    Momto4under7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and started at 194, 184 right now. I'm aiming for 145. Feel free to add me
  • MisConway
    MisConway Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and currently 154, hoping to get to 140.

I lost 98 pounds around 8 years ago following the birth of our first baby (started at 240, lowest was 142) and have slowly had weight creep back on since then. I became pregnant at 142 with #2, and then maintained a weight of 152-157 following her birth. I then became pregnant with #3 at 153'ish. #3 will be 2 years old on 2/10 and I have struggled to get below 165 since his birth. I really started buckling down in November and am now at 154 where I have been stuck for a few weeks. I am trying to get back to 140 where I am truly happy.

Please add me if you'd like to!
  • witchiipooh
    witchiipooh Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" I started at 292 and am now at 175 I really only want to lose another 25-30 lbs *fingers crossed* it's starting to get a lot harder but I can keep pushing forward. I mostly just watch what I eat (cut out soda, fast food and coffee) and I try to play the XBox Kinect just about everyday...
  • deansters
    deansters Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 started out at 200+. I am currently at 149lbs (id like to be under 140lbs) and id say the best advise is patience and determination.
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6". I started at 220 and am down to 188lb. Got to start logging again so I can get this thing moving.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!