Support needed

Options
Hi there. My name is Sarah. I am looking to lose about 45 more pounds in order to be at a healthy weight. With Diabetes and heart problems extremely prevalent on my dad's side of the family this weight loss is not optional. I would love some support in doing this.

Replies

• rsm1972
    rsm1972 Posts: 283
    Options
    Hi Sarah and Welcome to MFP:):) Proud of you wanting to make a change in your health and Life Journey:):) There is a lot of support and great people here to help:):):) Nice to meet you Sarah:):)
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hey Sarah, feel free to add me! Hope this place helps you =)
  • shelleymc1978
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on getting started on the road the being healthier! =)

Feel free to add me, I log on pretty much everyday.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Hello Sarah.
    Welcome
    Suddenly, here , the impossible seems possible. Even *I* can lose weight.

Log everything - be honest (you can keep your diary private if you want) - that way you'll find what is sneaking under your food -radar

be patient - and see what wonderful things can happen

<waves paws>
  • love_
    love_ Posts: 25
    Options
    Welcome to MFP girl! Feel free to add me! :)

Looking forward to hearing of your weight loss progress along the way :)
  • Time_is_the_tiger
    Options
    Hey Sarah!

I'm new too, and looking to lose about the same amount of weight! Feel free to add me!

KJ
  • carpediem4263
    carpediem4263 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have been on here a while, but I am really needing more support.
  • mdonovan
    Options
    Hey Sarah!! I'm looking to lose about 40-45 lbs too, diabetes is on both sides of my family so I understand. I'm just getting back into this, feel free to add me!!
  • CPTPaul
    Options
    Hello Sarah. Stay committed and remember it took a long time to get there and it takes a long time to remove it properly and safely. Watch your fuel (food) intake, and use the proper fuel to get the best gas mileage (caloric burns) :-)
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Diabetes in my family too - in some ways it has been a great motivator for me. You can do it! I also find the "friends" here really can help... feel free to add me.
  • Hi Sarah! I hear ya! I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant. I'm grateful that I do not have diabetes now, but I understand I am at a greater risk of developing it down the road. I've lost 30 + lbs since I had my daughter 3 years ago, but need to lose more (another 40). So here we go...