Stir Fry sauce using PB2 - easy and awesome

Options
Chris_2013
Chris_2013 Posts: 107 Member
Just made a chicken red pepper and broccoli stir fry and made the tastiest 5 ingredient sauce to add at the end of cooking...

2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
Juice of half a lime
4 tbsp PB2 (this was the key new ingredient)
Few dashes of cayenne

The PB2 not only added great flavour but thickened the sauce up and eliminated the need for corn starch.

2 servings including 250g of chicken breast, 80g each of broccoli and red pepper per person.

Under 400 calories and delicious!

Could add chopped basil, onion, bean sprouts, pea pods, etc. but I like a simple stir fry.

Enjoy!

Replies

• McFrench
    McFrench Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I will try that! Thanks!
  • inflationary
    inflationary Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    that sounds delish! I need to pick up some PB2 asap.
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    YUM! Thanks for posting!
  • ItsGoodToHaveGoals
    ItsGoodToHaveGoals Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks! You just helped make up my mind as to what's for dinner tomorrow night :)
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    What is PB2?
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for sharing! I've been wanting to try a recipe with it!
    What is PB2?

PB2 is a powdered peanut butter, about 45 cals for 2 tbspoons compared to 200 cals in reg peanut butter. It can be easily mixed into shakes and recipes as PB substitute or just add water to creat the PB consistency ... It's available online, at some Whole Foods, and I think Trader Joes has its own brand of powdered Peanut butter. It's made by Bell Plantation if you want to check it out on amazon, it's a great substitute :)
  • sammyanny1
    sammyanny1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    what is PB2 please ?
  • RyanJS81
    RyanJS81 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. I love PB2 :)
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    What is PB2?

PB2 is a powdered peanut butter, about 45 cals for 2 tbspoons compared to 200 cals in reg peanut butter. It can be easily mixed into shakes and recipes as PB substitute or just add water to creat the PB consistency ... It's available online, at some Whole Foods, and I think Trader Joes has its own brand of powdered Peanut butter. It's made by Bell Plantation if you want to check it out on amazon, it's a great substitute :)

Thanks!! I'm not from the US so will see if i can find an equivalent here in New Zealand
  • LMiller0583
    LMiller0583 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This sounds great!!! I LOVE peanut butter but hate the calorie count so this would be ideal!!
  • tjk71
    tjk71 Posts: 167
    Options
    bump
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I just had this tonight and it was amazeballs! I used spaghetti squash for my " lo mein" noodles and topped it with sriracha. SERIOUSLY awesome!!! I also added some leftover peas, brocolli and sliced water chestnuts. Thanks for posting!!
  • charmyc
    charmyc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Interesting! I had never heard of PB2 I will track it down! Thanks :heart:
  • yogi_meg
    yogi_meg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yum!!
  • GemskiB
    GemskiB Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    No PB2 in the shops here in the UK - I am going to have to bite the bullet and spend £7 on it from amazon marketplace. I hope it's worth it! :)
  • horses7777
    Options
    bump
  • kmayne
    kmayne Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Fenomka
    Fenomka Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    What is PB2?

Thank you!! This was going to be exactly my question, but I read through a little further, and cought this one! :) I'm definitely going to see if I can add this into my cooking - I LOVE LOVEL LOVE stir fry and thai recipes, but can't use a lot of the ingredients as they stand.
  • Chris_2013
    Chris_2013 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I actually made this again last night and think I will start having it every week! Added some Sriracha to it for spice and it was SOOOO good.

The old me would have had a HUGE pile of rice under it but I don't miss it.
  • JinksE21
    JinksE21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Interesting! I had never heard of PB2 I will track it down! Thanks :heart:

I was amazed to find it at my local Kroger's (in Cincinnati) in the health food section. It was just over $4 for the jar which should last a long time for me.