I Don't know which scale to believe!

JaneanAriel
JaneanAriel Posts: 55 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I weighed in this AM at home and then I went to work and weighed in the work scale is 1.5 pounds lighter than at home! Not sure which one to go with, but I'm liking the work scale!

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    I would use the one at home and weigh every day at the same time....first thing in am after using the toilet! Always use the same one as your guide. I don't think any home scale is 100% accurate but if you use the same one daily you get a good idea if your weight is going up or down!
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Remember that your weight fluctuates throughout the day as well. I would stick with the one at home because even if it does weigh 1.5 lbs more than the other, it's still measuring the weigh loss the same and the best time to weigh yourself is to do it first thing in the morning before you eat anything, after using the bathroom.
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Use the scale at the place you weigh yourself most often and stick with that one :) For me, it's my office scale.
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Doesnt matter just pick one and stick with it.
    Does it really matter in the long run if the scale says 150 pounds or 151 pounds? In the long run our goal is to slim down.
    If you use your at home scale you can weigh in the privacy of your own home, without clothes any day that you want...at work you may not want to get naked :happy: and step on the scale.
    All scales tend to be different a bit -- your choice but just go with the one.
  • tasha30
    tasha30 Posts: 248 Member
    I agree with everyone, stick to the same scale and congrats on those 4 pounds lady!
  • RentThisSpace
    RentThisSpace Posts: 96 Member
    The best thing to do is to pick a scale and always use that one so that your measurements are always the same. Another way to get consistent readings is to measure yourself at the same time of day, such as when you first get up or right before dinner. This will help to remove some weight fluctuations that happen naturally throughout the day and help to give a better overall picture of your weight loss.
  • rmchan
    rmchan Posts: 152 Member
    I would calibrate the scale by putting something that weighs 10lbs on your home scale (like a weight or a 5 pd bag of sugar, etc) and see what it weighs it at...and adjust it if you can...?
  • JaneanAriel
    JaneanAriel Posts: 55 Member
    Well, I actually use the work scale more than I use my at home scale, and it does help that it's lower. So, I'm going to stick with the work scale and just out of curiosity I'll check the home scale as a comparison.
  • it may not be calibrated accurately. but i would go with the one that makes you go WHOOOHOOO..lol
  • Amen to weighing in after a.m restroom break.. i swear i lost 2 lbs once because of that(i felt every bit of that 2 lbs in my bladder too!)
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Use the one at home and weigh yourself naked. By using the scale at home you won't have to factor in the weight of your clothes, shoes, breakfast, and beverages. Especially if you're going to be putting this much emphasis on what the scale says.
This discussion has been closed.