Gutted...

Options
Week 1 has went by tremendous with great success. I believe I have kick started my metabolism by eating 3 times a day instead of just one and I have exceeded my calories burned by exercise goal.

All in all I have lost 6 pounds and 7 days. :)

I am absolutely gutted now because after working out yesterday, I wasn't feeling a hundred percent and went to bed short after. I have woken up with an ear ache, no doubt an ear infection, and my throat lymph node is uncomfortably swollen.

What this adds up to, I am afraid, is no exercising tonight or maybe for a few days. I wanted so much to keep the momentum rolling.

So, I ask you, am I being a wimp by skipping the work out tonight and possibly the next couple days... or should I pull up my boots straps and go on with it.

I am not running a fever, it is just very uncomfortably miserable.

Thanks for hearing me out...

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    You are definitely not being a wimp! You should take the time to rest if you are sick! Your body needs the rest and will recover much quicker if you don't workout. Just eat healthy, lots of fresh veggies/fruits and water! Also, if you feel up to it maybe just take a nice walk to get up and around but I wouldn't go all out and work out.

Also, grats on the weight loss! Keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Personally If I were you..I would just skip the workouts until your feeling better
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I agree, get some rest, drink loads of water and eat lots of fruit and veggies. Let your body recover before you get back to it.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Maybe just a walk to keep you moving but not to break a sweat. Your body is probably detoxing itself. You'll want to allow it to do so, but without breaking your stride.

So move, but don't workout. If that makes any sense at all.:indifferent:
  • RentThisSpace
    RentThisSpace Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Take time to heal. I definitely understand the need to keep the ball rolling in regards to your weight loss program. But your body needs to be healthy in order to work out, and you need to take time to allow your body to heal. My advice would be to take time off work (sick day) and rest, with lots of fluids and healthy foods. Try a zinc or vitamin C supplement as well, as it may increase your body's healing time. Your first focus should be on healing yourself, then once you feel better, hit your program again with intensity.

Good luck and get better.
  • lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    thank you for the advice - i did work out a bit - but stopped after 15min (usually do 40min) so at least it wasn't a total loss tonight
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    If youhave a fever then definitely don't work out. If you don't then I say it's okay to work out.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    and maybe stop smoking. just saying. or is your av picture even you?? :tongue: :blushing: