Got off track, gained a bit, and eating too much

Options
I was doing so well, then I got spoiled with my body being where I wanted it and I started eating junk again, not logging, not working out...gained back 5 pounds :/ It is SO hard to not crave unnecessary food now! I'm addicted to food again, in the sense that i'm craving stuffing my face, especially at night, after my calories are all used up. I know the strong desire to eat when i'm bored/sad will dissipate once I get back on track (it did before), but right now i'm trying not to feel like a lazy blob.

What was your experience getting off track, and what did you/do you recommend to stay in a healthy mindset?

Replies

• Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    ba-bump
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I've got nothing to offer because its taken me a long time to make small changes and try to pay attention to how much I'm eating....but bump hoping helpful people will respond.
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    As awful as it sounds..weigh yourself. I got off track and didn't get my head back in order until I weighed myself. So if you get off track..weigh yourself everyday until you get on track. For me it is a motivator.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    That's the trick....and why they say diet's don't work because you cant go back to eating the way you did. That's why I incorporate some goodies into my plan now so I wont feel the need to go crazy when I reach goal and need to maintain. I will be eating like this for the rest of my life and I am resigned to doing so.
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    I had a horrific weekend.... bad time of the month, and i couldn't stop myself this time, candy chips ice cream pizza burgers you name it!!!

but monday came and i decided enough! back on track, start over, do again! I felt like i was in detox for a bit but today was easier and tomorrow will be even better :)

i guess mainly it's always look forward, know that today is the day to get back on it, never wait for tomorrow!!
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing... lost almost 40, got lazy over the summer and gained back 15. I finally got my head together and realized that I need to be better at keeping track of my eating and working out. I don't deprive myself of anything now, but I work hard to be good. You will get back on track!
  • Ivana331
    Ivana331 Posts: 230
    Options
    definitely weighing daily. I got down to 120, but last week it started to creep back up to 122 and I was very upset about it, so I started working out again and watching my calories and I am back to 120 again. So I recommend weighing daily and buying new clothes that fit your smaller size. I have bought a few small shirts and size 7-8 jeans, if I gain even a few pounds, they won't fit.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I'm back on track today after about two weeks of periodic screwing up and a five pound gain. The screw ups seem to get progressively worse and more frequent. I wrote a list for myself this morning of all the things that work for me to stay true to my plan, and I referred to it every time I thought about cookies or pasta.

For me, the plan is:
    1 No sugar or flour
    2 Eat lentils or beans to stop cravings
    3 Drink lots of water
    4 Eat 3 servings fruit
    5 Cook something that takes some effort
    6 Log it before eating it
    7 Remind myself that screwing up feels pervasively miserable

I was successful today because I was determined. You have to do what it takes to get your mind set on your goal. Best wishes!
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I could have written this post myself.. I used to have a hard time eating 1200 calories, now I have hard time eating only 1200 calories if I can't make time to exercise.. I'm slowly getting back on track but my work and family life is threatening my workout time again... I have jeans in a size 9 that I was able to fit in before I gained back approximately 9 pounds and right now those are my motivators... I can fit into them but not comfortably...lol..(I am sooooo close)
    I also weigh myself and take measurements but I can totaly understand the late night eating and it's usually all carb!! One thing I learned from a body builder is that unused carbs will turn to fat, unused protein turns to poop..lol so if you absolutely have to eat something at night try to make it pure protein (like boiled chicken)

sometimes gum helps me also... but usually the thought of eating boiled chicken is all I need to lose my appetite..lol

good luck
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    commit to the exercise habits FIRST, get down something you like doing and can keep doing forever. Then do the food.

And - consider eating more. You've got your cals set to 1200 - try eating a little closer to maintenance so you form appropriate food habits.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    good advice guys, def will start logging before I eat!