coffeee?

Options
Okay, so i'm a Dunkin' Donuts girl... so much so, that the woman at the counter knows exactly my order, and only needed to know when to switch from my iced coffee to hot coffee (about 2 weeks ago here in NY).

So, i've been paying more attention to refining my nutrition, or at least trying to, and i'm thinking the MFP nutritional facts on D&D coffee are a bit off..

My order: A medium coffee, 2 sugars, and a little bit of milk (i'd estimate about 1/8 of a cup based on how I like my coffee when I make it, and yes, it's that little, and it took quite some time for them to get it right)... So, I figured i'll just take from the MFP Database, "Medium Coffee with Milk and Sugar - Dunkin Donuts" - 115 calories, 23 g Carbs, 22 g sugars.

So, I head to the D&D website with nutritional info... Find "Medium Coffee (no milk, no sugar)" which has: 10 calories, 1 carb, 1 g sugar.

Now, that's a huuuuge difference. Assuming they are using Whole milk, and even over-estimating that they are using 1/4 a cup of milk (which would be 2 oz out of the 14 oz cup, so it's possible they are putting that much) that's 40 calories.

Now, the sugar... 22 grams of sugar... okay, so i just took my scale, and measured out 22 grams and HOLY CRAP I HOPE THEY AREN'T PUTTING THAT MUCH SUGAR IN MY COFFEE!! now, 22 grams of sugar at 4 cals per gram, that's another 88 cals, a little more than what MFP states. BUT DAMN THAT'S A LOT OF SUGAR!!

So, i'm thinking, from now on, I should get my coffee black, ask for 2 packets of sugar (which i believe is equal to one tablespoon) or maybe buy Stevia or some substitute, and bring a little milk with me. And then I can track exactly how many calories and carbs are in my morning coffee.

Or is that crazy?!?!?!!?

Replies

• roro1925
    roro1925 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    First of all....i lived in south ozone park my whole life so that's awesome we're from the same area lol. I'm out on long island now though. Now, to ur post....I think you should bring your own sugar maybe and that would definitely cut back the calories but I think if you're gonna start bringing all this stuff with you, u might as well just buy their coffee and make it at home lol. At least you'll know exactly what you're putting into it and can track it.
    And no, either way...it's not crazy lmao!!
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I have found some of the calories, fat, carbs, etc are off on some of the entries in the database. Every time I add a food I verify it with the label I'm reading (I found Costco Organic 1% milk was wrong AND Yoplait 90 cal cups was wrong...) and if it is off, I enter it correctly and use the entry I made instead. The entries I've "fixed" I've also made public. :)
  • Granny107
    Options
    I stopped drinking coffee a while ago and started drinking Hot Chocolate with my Kuerig and each cup is 60 calories...nice and simple. :drinker: