Calling all "previous" big busted girls

Options
I am trying to decide if I need to have a breast reduction (cup size DDD) or do I just keep weight training and perhaps they will go down to a smaller size.

I would like to hear from women who have lost a considerable amount of weight and lost cup sizes by weight training.

If this is you....please tell me how long it took you to go down to a normal size and what you did exercise wise to accomplish this.

Replies

• blbrandstatter
    blbrandstatter Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i actually had a reduction after being a college athlete, it was the best decision of my life. when i gain weight now i still gain some in a boobs and when i lose weight i lose some from there as well...but overall weight reduction wouldn't ever truly reduce the size of my boobs...good luck...maybe your insurance will cover it like mine did.
  • babycakes1970
    babycakes1970 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I was a D and am now a B. I have lost about 70 pounds over the last two years, mostly from watching my food intake and doing cardio with some strength training thrown in. I would go to the Y and use their machines like the leg press, arm curls ect. I no longer do that as I am trying to start a bodyweight routine at home.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Can someone please notify me if/when pics are added?

Thank you!
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I was never 'big' busted but have gone from a 42C to a 34A with 60 lbs of loss.
  • ethansmug
    ethansmug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    posttits.png
  • JenMcCrory
    JenMcCrory Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm an E and even when I lose weight it's not a huge amount from my bust. However the stronger you get the easier it is to carry them. So even though I am an E they cause me no hassle at all and I wouldn't consider a reduction.
    Maybe try some weight exercises for chest and back?
  • lisa483
    lisa483 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I had a reduction 2 years ago, it was the best thing I ever did. I have now lost 53lb but my boobs have stayed the same size since my reduction. They do go bigger when I gain and then go back down, but through all my weight loss I have never been smaller than a DD which is the size I went to from a J.
  • charliehefferon
    charliehefferon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    This year I have gone from a 34E to a 32C. All through weight loss and exercise.

It is a lot easier to train and I have noticed I stand up taller now!

I would personally consider a breast reduction the last option...
  • icklekimmy
    icklekimmy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am going to bump this post. I would be too scared to ever have a breast reduction, seen the scarring from somebody who has had one.
    So far I have lost 2 stone, I am still a FF and still the same back size too so they dont appear to want to shift anywhere soon. I am hoping they eventually do one as my weight goes down further otherwise I wont be able to keep upright!
  • Cher2686
    Cher2686 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I had the reduction about 2 years ago and I wouldnt have changed my decision for nothing. I went from a 38DD to a 36C. I lost 6 lbs with just the surgery. I felt like I reallly couldnt exercise before but now its alot easier. I can breath better and sleep better. On my way to lose more weight and have a healthier life.
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I had a reduction in April this year. I went from a 36FF to a 36D and am over the moon. The scarring is minimal (and doesn't show at all unless you plan on going topless!) and has healed up really well. Before my shoulders would hurt all the time and go numb from my bra straps digging in. I struggled to jump around at the gym and couldn't wear anything fitted because my bust was so much bigger than the rest of me.
    I now wear strapless bras (first time ever in my life!) can jump around endlessly without any pain and can feel my shoulders. I had my operation on the NHS because they were so droopy and large. It was the best decision i have ever made.
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have lost 95 lbs and to my amazement I went from a 46 DDD to a 34 DDD. They didn't go ANYWHERE!!!! I also lift pretty heavy weights 3 times a week so weight lifting is not really helping at this particular moment but I am wondering if I should just stick with it for another 6 months and see what happens or just make an appointment with the surgeon.

I would love to do more cardio but as it stands I am having to wear two sports bras, a tight tank top and a t-shirt just to get through my workouts.
  • Ofaatu
    Ofaatu Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    What was your cup size before you gained weight? Mine was and still is a dd. No matter my weight they stay the same. However I am happy with them, would never have a reduction. Also larger breasts seem to run in my family, that can also be a factor too.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I went from a 38H to a 34DD by losing 80lbs. I'd wait until you're finished losing weight and then assess if you still need breast reduction surgery.
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    At about 30lb lost i went down a cup size :) was an F not an E and hoping they get smaller. If i could afford it id have them reduced slightly and uplifted to perkyville.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Went from a 42 J to 36 DD. Even when I was skinny in my 20's I was never able to wear a bra that small. I do a lot of strength training and swim occassionally. I have to point out that they are not as perky as they used to be :cry: but it has been worth it. I will not be resorting to surgery to improve my lot :ohwell:
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    save the boobies...
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    In the past when I've lost 60 pounds, I've gone from a 38DD or 40DD to a 36D. At my lowest adult weight I wore a 36 C but I haven't seen that since I was 25 and I don't plan on going that low again.

I tend to lose weight proportional to the rest of my body but still a little larger than average for my height/weight.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I am trying to decide if I need to have a breast reduction (cup size DDD) or do I just keep weight training and perhaps they will go down to a smaller size.

I would like to hear from women who have lost a considerable amount of weight and lost cup sizes by weight training.

If this is you....please tell me how long it took you to go down to a normal size and what you did exercise wise to accomplish this.

I didn't start as big but I was 36C and lost 60 lbs and now I'm a 34A if I'm lucky. I have a lot of friends who lost a lot of weight and they got down to really small size as well. I guess it depends on how lean you get. Everyone is different even at the same level of lean. I'm at 11% now and have gotten as low as 10% and still 34A. That is pretty small and I have to often shop in the teen section, which is weird at age 51!

Example on the difference between two ladies at 15%. I'm at 11% and I don't look like either of them:
    15-percent-body-fat-female1.jpg

I have a couple of friends who regretted getting the reduction. You might want to wait until you are sure you are at a body fat level you want to stay at.

Also you might want to get a DXA scan to see exactly where the fat is on your body to help with the decision. DXA is a medical procedure and I was able to find a place that did this procedure or $84 and it was covered under my health insurance funds. It was nice to have the bone density check as well, especially for aging females.