I sleep-eat... anyone else?

Options
When I moved in with my boyfriend, right away he shared with me that I was sleep-walking at night. I would go downstairs and grab some snacks and eat them on the way back up to bed. Sometimes I find half a handful of nuts or some crackers on my bedside table when i wake up. lol.
I am not too worried in terms of weight-loss as I am still losing weight but I am wondering if anyone else does this too. It just seems strange...

Replies

• happythermia
    Options
    Are you on any sleep medication?
  • brooookeexo
    brooookeexo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I sleep walk/talk all the time, I have always been terrified that I sleep eat, but I don't think I do (hope not!) lol
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Not like that! When I am super tired, I have problems with eating before bed or getting up and eating when I should be sleeping. I just dont stop and think what the healthiest option is. I just grab stuff. I put a note on the fridge for a while and am tons better now.
  • Fr33zefram3
    Fr33zefram3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I catch myself before I actually get out of bed. Something about cold feet wakes me up. But nights I leave a water bottle by my bed, in the morning it's almost always empty.

I don't mind having an unconscious hangover cure :D
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    There's SO much crap en-route to my kitchen, I'd probably break my neck tripping over a baby gate ahead of actually making it there and grabbing food. XD

I'd definitely consider seeing a doctor about your sleepwalking habits.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    no I don't sleep-eat but I talk up a storm. my hunny tells me all the ridiculous things I say. good thing I don't know any government secrets.
  • Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Haha no doubt! Im glad I don't talk! Some things should just be kept private! lmao
  • Miss_Mabee
    Options
    nope! no medication of any kind! I try to keep to natural cures for things when I can
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My mom did that a lot when I was younger. In fact, one night I had a scary dream and woke her up to come lay with me until I fall back asleep. She got up and instead of coming into my room, she went into the kitchen and ate a bowl of cereal, then went back to her own bed. Needless to say, I was too baffled and went back to bed by myself. lol. I don't know if she still does it or not, but I would assume not because nowadays she can't eat much because certain foods just mess her up internally.
  • Miss_Mabee
    Options
    Well I think I have good news. Last week the bf and I sprung for a new fancy bed with all the foam and squishiness anyone could ever want. I have slept soundly through the night every night since. And I have lost almost 5lbs since it got delivered!
  • michellew91
    michellew91 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have definitely done this, my sleep self prefers string cheese and apples (at least these foods have left evidence behind). When this does happen, I tend to be really stressed, lol