What's the best crustless pumpkin pie recipe?

Options
2»

Replies

• twinksie
    twinksie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This year I made the Libby's pumpkin pie recipe that's on the label, but poured the mixture into ramekins to bake like creme brulee, instead of a giant pie crust. It has all the taste of the pumpkin pie, without the crust. And it's gluten-free, since there is no crust.

Eggs don't have that many calories anyhow - and are good for you anyhow! (Refer to: http://www.zest.co.uk/nutrition/why-eggs-are-good-for-you/2642.html)

I make the recipe with low fat evaporated milk and cut down on the brown sugar, if I want it less sweet.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Dessert -- simple and can be skinnified

1 pkg yellow cake mix ( at walmart I found a sugar free one)
    1/2 cup melted butter ( light butter)
    3 eggs ( using egg substitutes)
    3 cups of pumpkin puree
    1/2 cup milk (using fat free evaporated)

Reserve 1 cup cake mix. Combine remaining cake mix, butter and 1 egg (measure out egg substitute). Spread in a lightly 9 x 13 inch pan. Combine pumpkin. 2 eggs (measured egg substitute) , and milk. Pour over cake. combined the reserved cake mix, 1/4 cup of unmelted light butter, 1/4 cup of sugar substitute ( I use splenda) 1 tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle over top. Bake at 350 for 40 - 45 min. Serve with fat free or light cool whip
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Ingredients
    1 can pumpkin
    1 container vanilla flavored yogurt

Directions
    Mix

Tastes like pumpkin ice cream but with less sweetner

Enjoy
  • horses7777
    Options
    bump
  • misspeds
    Options
    Using the same recipe but instead of using sugar try coconut palm sugar (I usually use 1/2 of what it is for reg. sugar. Make your own Bisquick with whole wheat, coconut, or spelt flour but if you make your own you need to store in refrig. You also can substitute egg beaters for real eggs. Be sure your evaporated milk is low fat. It will cut down calorie intake a lot