Intermittent fasting...

Options
Quick question, what is the general idea and is protein shakes allowed for say when wake up and around 2/3pm?

Only have one meal a day and want to make sure I get enough protein for my ultra training and weights..

So thoughts on using 2 protein shakes during the "fasting" portion?

Replies

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    If they're calorie-free...

You will find that you can train just fine in a fasted state. We used to chase dinosaur fast food on legs in a fasted state...

Also, apparently, in a fasted state, muscle mass reduction isn't an issue, IIRC, so you don't need protein.
  • zechks
    zechks Posts: 224
    Options
    Quick question, what is the general idea and is protein shakes allowed for say when wake up and around 2/3pm?

Only have one meal a day and want to make sure I get enough protein for my ultra training and weights..

So thoughts on using 2 protein shakes during the "fasting" portion?

General idea is fast for an extended period of time, usually the normal time would be 16/8 (according to leangains) you can adjust it and make your fast a bit longer and your eating window a bit smaller.. depends on you.

and if you're on a fast, of course you are not supposed to take anything with calories in it for it will obviously break the fast, thus defeating the purpose of IF.. if you only have one meal, well you really have to fit all your cals on that meal, and that should be post workout. It's gonna be hard especially when you have high calorie requirement.. but if you are eating just around 1K+ cals, then it's very do-able..
  • Zangpakto
    Zangpakto Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses guys :)

So would say eating between 4-10pm be fine then rest fast?

Essentially 6hr window? Or should it be 8?

And better after training to only eat? I train around 5pm or so everyday and twice week 7am as well as 5pm...