Skipping Breakfast

Options
Hey folks!

Just read this story on the BBC news site, makes for quite interesting reading and I think definitely think there is something to it. I for one try not to miss breakfast.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19962588

Happy reading! :smile:

Replies

• Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Male cow faeces, to be honest.

"Willpower".

People need to learn the word.
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    Only 21 people participated?
  • _Tuyana_
    _Tuyana_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I skip breakfast usually (just because I stay up studying all night and wake up around brunch time), I find that the longer I fast, the less hungry I am and a small lunch is usually filling and keeps me going for longer than if I had breakfast and then lunch.

They scanned people who had breakfast 1.5 hrs prior. I wonder how results would change if they did a scan 4 hours after breakfast. I bet there would be no significant difference in both groups' responses.
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I fast for 16+ hours a day for health and of course weight benefits. I am not hungry until around 2pm, then I eat celery with peanut butter which fills me up until dinner. Dinner I eat the rest of my allotted calories. It is called IF and I feel great. Not always obsessed with food like I was on 6 small meals a day. go to www.leangains.com and research it.
  • siliisobel
    Options
    I fast for 16+ hours a day for health and of course weight benefits. I am not hungry until around 2pm, then I eat celery with peanut butter which fills me up until dinner. Dinner I eat the rest of my allotted calories. It is called IF and I feel great. Not always obsessed with food like I was on 6 small meals a day. go to www.leangains.com and research it.

I am doing this to and it has to be the easiest thing I have ever done as regards weight loss - AND ITS GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! Simples!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    1 way ticket to starvation mode
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    this is why I eat a big breakfast but skip dinner
  • mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    For me, part of losing weight is making sure that I eat breakfast every day. This is not the first study of its kind either and they always point to the same thing.

It's been proven time and time again that people who go out looking for food on an empty stomach (e.g. lunch time after skipping breakfast), seek out more fattening things (calorie dense foods). I am EXACTLY like this. There are some soups I really enjoy for lunch, but I know, that if I only go out during lunch time to buy it, I'll walk out with a sandwich or something else instead, because when I am REALLY starving, I think, I need more than just a soup to fill me up. However, if I actually pre-pack my soup for lunch (and then, not wanting to waste), I have to have it, I'm perfectly happy to have soup (and it usually keeps me fuller for longer than a sandwhich would any way).
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    For me, part of losing weight is making sure that I eat breakfast every day. This is not the first study of its kind either and they always point to the same thing.

^^ This.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I would die if I wasnt allowed to have breakfast anymore.

I had this today:

253c09ae186311e2b9a5123138140995_7.jpg
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    1 way ticket to starvation mode

STOP LYING!!!!
    =D
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    New study shows hungry people want food.

Thank you, science.
  • KarenisPaleo
    KarenisPaleo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    There IS NO starvation mode.

Big fat myth
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    For the safety of my coworkers and loved ones, I eat breakfast. People are less likely to get stabbed.
  • lowm8nance
    lowm8nance Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hilarious. Your so insightful firerock.
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    There IS NO starvation mode.

Big fat myth

^^^^^^^TIS A TRUE FACT..... llink for proof

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=35501
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Wait. People who were hungry responded to food that looked filling? Say it ain't so!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I always eat breakfast....but its always a late breakfast since I am not up early. But since its technically in the morning, I count it as breakfast. I may not eat lunch till 3 or 4 in the afternoon...which is good because then I am not starving by dinner time.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    they did a study that proves hungry people want food?
  • lowm8nance
    lowm8nance Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I try to eat paleo style. We eat when we're hungry. We don't when we're not. All I can say is its working.