Need a kick/ motivational talk/ advice

Options
I'm ridiculously busy at the moment and I've taken a major tumble of the wagon and gained 7lb! :sad:

I keep telling myself I'll start again tomorrow but we all know tomorrow never comes! I end up working until I realise I've not eaten and either I grab something quick/easy & usually bad or my OH cooks (he's skinny and can easily eat a whole pizza and a 6 pack of muffins without so much as gaining a mm :huh: )

I work about 86 hours a week (full time job & my own business) and I'm currently doing a Masters degree (which also needs more of my attention... :frown: ) I used to be addicted to the gym classes but I just can't get there any more.

Please can someone just tell me to get my act together!! What works for you to get to re-motivated? I've done it once and need to do it again!

Replies

• spyder_rose
    spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I wanna look hot so all the guys who have screwed me over regret it. That's been my motivation lately. Plus my health. Just I feel better for eating well. It's hard... Maybe have a small goal? And then aim for that...? It is hard though.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    in a years time you'll wish you started today....

it sounds like you have crazy busy days, so planning is essential so you dont have to 'grab something bad'. also, moderation is key, you can have pizza, just not a whole family size one yourself!

plus try and get the boyfriend on side - my husband is the same, he can eat the world and not put on a pound, but he fully supports my healthy eating, he just has muuuuuch bigger portions than me!

good luck!
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Haylz - You ARE hot!

Thanks Tavistock, I'm actually not a pizza fan, I just meant he doesn't really think about what would be a good/healthy option just what he can actually cook! (but he's a sweetheart & means well so I don't want to complain)

I'll try and preplan tomorrow now... :smile:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Haylz - You ARE hot!

Thanks Tavistock, I'm actually not a pizza fan, I just meant he doesn't really think about what would be a good/healthy option just what he can actually cook! (but he's a sweetheart & means well so I don't want to complain)

I'll try and preplan tomorrow now... :smile:

not just pizza, but any of the 'bad' things that people say you should never eat... for me its all in moderation and fitting stuff into your calorie allowance.