same old story!!!!

Options
hi guys....i'm very sorry about my attitude........i've been doing very bad for a week....eating and not working out.....after i had my mini victory of 7 days working out and eating right...i was very excited, it has been 40 days workingout...and yet, no body changes or scale changes :'( .....so all i thought is there is no hope for me after all.......i wish to know what i'm doing wrong!!! all people on mfp are losing pounds...but i'm not!!! i want to get back on track...but what track!!! what should i do??????

Replies

• elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    People who are shredding weight have given it time and been consistent. There is no quick fix. Your body needs time to figure out what you are doing
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    When i first started and didnt drop no lbs, i figured out it was a shock to my body. Just keep going it'll start coming off. you may add me as a friend if you like.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I clicked on your diary and don't see any logging of food for the past 5 days??? If you really want this to work it boils down to simple math - calories in vs. calories out. This means dedicated logging everything you take in as well as your exercise. Until you have logged for some time and measured and weighed your food to get a good feel for potion size and caloric content it is going to be hard to shed pounds by only guessing. Best of luck to you in this journey!
  • mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Looking through your diary - when you add exactly 300 calories for dinner - what's that from?

Also, noticed for breakfast you had "4 generic slices of brown toast" - 260 calories. Instead of using generic foods, try finding actual brands and cross-check the packaging - where I am from most slices of bread contains around 90 to 120 calories each, not 65.

Then I see things like 32.5g of tuna from a 130g tin, what did you do to the rest of the tuna or is it an inaccurate measurement?

Are you actually weighing things as accurately as possible or are you guessing? (I see things like 1 cup of corn flakes - 28g and really wonder).

On one day you only at 990 calories and gained 808 from exercise. This is NOT healthy!! Your body needs to function - you need calories to sleep, eat, walk, think - so having a net intake of less than 200 calories is quite dangerous!

Just want to then also comment on your diet - having corn flakes and eggs for breakfast and dinner on one day just isn't healthy either. Not only are you starving your body from energy on many days, but it also seems like you are starving yourself from nutrients.
  • manoozo
    manoozo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I clicked on your diary and don't see any logging of food for the past 5 days??? If you really want this to work it boils down to simple math - calories in vs. calories out. This means dedicated logging everything you take in as well as your exercise. Until you have logged for some time and measured and weighed your food to get a good feel for potion size and caloric content it is going to be hard to shed pounds by only guessing. Best of luck to you in this journey!
    i thought 35-40 days of logging and excersicing would show off some results
    those 5 days are when i was very disappointed and i didn't log
  • manoozo
    Options
    Looking through your diary - when you add exactly 300 calories for dinner - what's that from?

Also, noticed for breakfast you had "4 generic slices of brown toast" - 260 calories. Instead of using generic foods, try finding actual brands and cross-check the packaging - where I am from most slices of bread contains around 90 to 120 calories each, not 65.

Then I see things like 32.5g of tuna from a 130g tin, what did you do to the rest of the tuna or is it an inaccurate measurement?

Are you actually weighing things as accurately as possible or are you guessing? (I see things like 1 cup of corn flakes - 28g and really wonder).

On one day you only at 990 calories and gained 808 from exercise. This is NOT healthy!! Your body needs to function - you need calories to sleep, eat, walk, think - so having a net intake of less than 200 calories is quite dangerous!

Just want to then also comment on your diet - having corn flakes and eggs for breakfast and dinner on one day just isn't healthy either. Not only are you starving your body from energy on many days, but it also seems like you are starving yourself from nutrients.
    i'm in a small town...it's hard to find brands....that's why i use this toast.
    for tuna i use half a can...the rest i leave for someone else to eat.it might be inaccurate....i don't have a scale...it's just wrighten on the can...
    i use 1 cup of corn flakes, i google the 1 cup 28 gm, and i found it's about the same shape as my cup....
    most of the time i'm not even home...i'm in another town for colleage, living alone...i have to worry about money....i know some of the things i do is not healthy...but i would rather lower my calories rather than uping them.....what can i do??? sometimes i just don't kno what to eat.....
    i wish i had a healthy nutrition plan...but all the dieticians in my town are unprofessional, and make me starve even more.....
    help please!!!
  • manoozo
    Options
    guys...suggestions please!
    help!
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Not everyone is losing. There are many things that could stand in your way. Your body may be trying to figure out what it needs to do. Just keep moving forward. Don't give up. You may need to work around your calories to make sure exactly how many your body needs.
  • Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I can only tell you what's working for me. If you're drinking soda, stop. Drink lots of water. I get regular exercise, walking briskly for about an hour six days a week, and about 3-4 times a week I do strengthening calisthenics. YOU HAVE TO LOG YOUR CALORIES AND WORKOUTS. If you don't know how much you're eating and burning off, you can't be accountable for it. You have to give this more time than a month. It's going to take a while, especially if you're trying to lose a lot. It's okay to get discouraged and occasionally and have something not that good for you, but you have to be accountable. If you're seeing the actual numbers for what you're doing, it will help you stay on track. You don't have to spend a lot of money to eat healthy, and you don't need expensive clothes or gym memberships.
  • Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    And don't starve yourself! Eat when you're hungry, just eat better!
  • swopely
    swopely Posts: 28
    Options
    Don't compare yourself to others. Everyone is different . Listen , if I were you I would eat healthy foods and watch your portion sizes. You don't have to starve yourself . If you eat too little you will become resentful and end up binging. If you can handle it , have a treat once in awhile. If its a food that triggers you though , stay away from it. As far as exercise goes , move more. Walk as much as you can . A healthy lifestyle is what is important.
    This isn't a race. It took years to get where you are now. The weight will not come off overnight. This is all a learning process. You learn from your mistakes as well as from your successes. One day this will happen for you. The important thing is to believe in yourself. Believe you will do it and you will do it. If you believe you will fail , guess what ? Your prophesy will come true.