50 + in years? Lets team up.

Options
2»

Replies

• RamoZimm
    RamoZimm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I more than qualify! I'm new to this site so I don't know how to friend people, but please feel free to add me. Would love to have a group of supportive "mature" people who want to lose weight and gain health.
  • NE_Girl
    Options
    I belong in this group and really struggling with consistency so getting more involved will hopefully help us all!
  • pennyamte
    Options
    Hi Im 70 and have been doing fitness pal for 8 months lost only 18 lbs. I joined the y aug 7 and started carido work outs last 2 weeks I have been going 5 days a week about 40 minutes each work out. havent lost any wieght I need some help. Im goint to start doing 150 min a week including wt training and treadmill. do you think that will help lose wt carole b
  • pickledginger
    Options
    Hi I would love to team up with anyone, but it would also be great to have some friends in my age range. Anyone out there struggling with this battle still?

i was reading your profile and it said you have difficulty doing excercises that require standing / walking. Here is a link to chair excercises, to help with your journey of wt. loss. http://www.livewellagewell.info/study/2007/12-ChairExercisesUGA113006.pdf

Ooh, neat, hadn't seen that set before! Thanks.

Also, I am 51, and folks are welcome to add me. (Just don't expect big weight loss over here just now; working on other things first.)
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Also, does anyone know how to remove the foods from the master list, the ones that I don't use? for every meal, I have to scroll down on my android to finc my own food choices. It is time consuming. All I want on my list of foods are my food choices, not a long list of many other types of similar items. Thanks is anyone can help me with this.

There is a delete button at the bottom of the list. Just go through and check the items you want to delete. I use the computer so not sure how you would do it on the android
  • pickledginger
    Options
    How do I add individualls as friends on my android?Wow! i need a lot of help!! I'll get this, really I will...
    It is the same on the Android as anything else - click on the person's photo icon, and MFP should take you to a page where that is one of the options. Also, watch the top of the page for notifications that you have a friend request or message.

Oops. I bet you are using the MFP app, aren't you? I haven't tried that yet - I use the browser on my phone.
  • nursermr38
    Options
    Hi, I started a few months ago and it would be nice to have a few friends for support. I have close to 100 to lose so it will be a long journey. You can add me to your friends.
  • shailiz
    Options
    53 until December .... Then I'm 52... I'm in. :0)
  • cynma
    cynma Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi I would like to be on your team too. I am 56. I have reached my goal but would like to have some more friends to support and support me in keeping it off. A lot of my friends don't log in anymore but I don't want to give up on them and delete them. Friend me if you would like. I wish you good luck on your weight loss journey. Keep telling yourself you can do this. Cyn:smile:
  • Mememone
    Mememone Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also in your age range and do need to take off more weight. I you would like, you can ad me. We can be part of each other's cheering section. Good luck.
  • llpleslie
    Options
    Everyone is welcome to add me. 51 and counting!!
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me - we're all in this together. I'm 52 and like to support others.
  • sparknotes
    Options
    How do I add individualls as friends on my android?Wow! i need a lot of help!! I'll get this, really I will...

If you're using the app on your android, it has fewer features than the website itself. I have greater ability to do things through the site, so I usually use my phone app just for tracking foods and exercise...but when I want to check in with friends and do other things, I just go to the browser on my phone and have full flexibility to do things! Try it!
  • sparknotes
    Options
    And...being 57, I'm in on anyone who wants to friend as well! I've friended several folks...its nice when people participate and encourage each other...it helps and keeps everyone motivated! Count me in and send a request if anyone wants! Would love to jump in!
    Toni
  • sodiumsucks
    Options
    Hi! I just joined 5 days ago. I am 53 years old and have been in great health. I am 5 ft 6 and weigh 178 and am looking for a goal of 160. I have been a vegatarian for 5 years and was recently diagnosed with Meneiere's Disease and am now challenged to follow a 1500mg low sodium diet. I am frustrated that I am having episodes of vertigo and have not been able to exercise. I fully support everyone on this 50+ board and would appreciate your support.:drinker:
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    You can add me. I am 51. I have 4 kids two grown and 2 little ones.11 and 9.
  • cardfanzz
    Options
    I am 63 and just joined on Friday. Needing encouragement as my will power has dwindled. Need to lose 50 lbs and could use someone in the same boat.