Chocolate Lovers Get Excited

Options
Did you know that just because you are eating healthy and changing your lifestyle that does not mean that you have to do without the sweeter things in life??? Yep it is true we can have our cake and eat it to so to speak... Dove Dark Chocolate whether it be in the promises, small bars, or big bars we can have it in moderation. I eat on a typical day just one square but when I have had a rough day I eat 5 squares and I do this without killing my healthy eating. Studies have also proven that eating dark chocolate in moderation helps to fight sweet cravings and it is good for your heart. So eat up but remember to do it in moderation.

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I eat dark chocolate sometimes, too! It's also loaded in antioxidants!
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Good point. And also, don't be afraid to try something new. You never know what you can find out there to become a worthy substitue of your favorite treat. For instance, I've been craving chocolate like crazy lately, and since I'm a cereal freak, the other day I picked up the new Chocolate Cheerios and have fallen in love with them. They're still a hundred calories per serving, but offer you a nice little chocolate fix.
  • tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've seen ads for the Chocolate Cheerios. You like them? I'm skeptical, but I want to try them! How are they on sugar content? Are they comparable to any other cereals, taste-wise?
  • ericaquin
    ericaquin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate everyday... one small peppermint patty.
    I just saw the chocolate cheerios yesterday in the grocery store and was taken back by them. Have not try them and not sure I will because I don't like it when cereals turn my milk a different color; something that followed me from childhood to adult hood.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Good point. And also, don't be afraid to try something new. You never know what you can find out there to become a worthy substitue of your favorite treat. For instance, I've been craving chocolate like crazy lately, and since I'm a cereal freak, the other day I picked up the new Chocolate Cheerios and have fallen in love with them. They're still a hundred calories per serving, but offer you a nice little chocolate fix.

Yep. I have recently discovered the chocolate mini wheats. Yummy, have actual chocolate pieces in them, and are a decent source of fiber.

I used to be a chocolate freak. For the several months leading up to this lifestyle change, I ate enough candy on a daily basis to make a normal person sick. Now I pretty much never eat candy and I don't miss it or crave it at all - a near miracle. :wink: Now, instead of a piece of chocolate I would sooooo much rather have a tablespoon of ("natural") peanut butter 99% of the time.
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    I've seen ads for the Chocolate Cheerios. You like them? I'm skeptical, but I want to try them! How are they on sugar content? Are they comparable to any other cereals, taste-wise?

They have 9g of sugar, but I have no idea if that's good or bad. LoL I focus solely on cals, fat and sodium, so I'm not quite sure how that stacks up. Taste wise, I think they taste kind of like cocoa puffs, only they don't tear up your mouth. I enjoy them... and seeing as how I never eat ANY other chocolate (or anything sweet aside from yogurt) I might have a skewed perception on how great they taste, but I'm just happy to be able to have something chocolately. :love:
  • twilightmom30
    Options
    I had not seen or heard of the chocolate cheerios but I am going to have to try them I love cheerios and all flavors of them. Thank you for the info.
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I just received a free box of the Chocolate Cheerios from my daughter-in-law. She loves them. I will have to try them next time I need a chocolate fix!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I personally don't take out everything "bad" from my diet, I just take it in moderation.. and it's worked for me so far! And YAY for chocolate, I love the dove bars. I typically get the promises b/c they're wrapped individually, I love it!
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    The chocolate cheerios compare in sugars to the honey nut cheerios. I bought them this week for my kids -- my husband is a stickler for "no sugar cereals" like fruit loops, captain crunch etc but the kids love those...he has no problem with honey nut cheerios ???
    anyway I bought them this week and my kids ate the whole box - my kids NEVER eat a whole box of any cereal. I tasted a spoonful yesterday and they were good - tasted like coco puffs - and they do turn the milk chocolately.
    Not my idea of a good breakfast but I may use them as a sweet snack when Im craving.
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    Oh and -- strawberries dipped in dark chocolate - one or two will satisfy the sweet craving!
  • Tibur86
    Tibur86 Posts: 24
    Options
    I like the chocolate mini wheats and the special K with the chocolate pieces!
  • gummibaehr
    Options
    I'm a sucker for Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips. One serving = 16 chips = 80 cals. Not bad! I have one serving once or twice a week.
  • twilightmom30
    Options
    Well I went to Wal-Mart yesterday to get some chocolate cheerios, well guess what none there. Nope my Wal-Mart does not have them. Guess I should not be suprised my Wal-Mart would be a really nice place to put a real Wal-Mart...
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I tried the Chocolate Cheerios and they are really good, considering I don't usually like Cheerios. I have a new favorite chocolate fix. Have any of you tried Jello Sugar Free Pudding - Mousse Temptations Dark Chocolate Decadence, 1 container only has 60 calories and they are rich a delicious enough that I would not be afraid to put them in a nice dessert ddish and serve to guests!
  • kermiehiho
    kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I like chocolate too, but remember to stick to 70% or more cacao, otherwise you're just eating mostly fat, and the "benefits" cited are pretty much null with milk chocolate (and I'm sure none at all for white, since there's absolutely no cocoa in that one, just FAT and SUGAR). @_@
  • kas1021
    kas1021 Posts: 92
    Options
    I do the tablespoon of peanut butter too! it will almost always satisfy my craving. theres a gluten free peanut butter ive been eating and its good. without sugar! and i'll sometimes have nutella with bananas.. nutella isnt necessarily the greatest for you but it doesnt have a lot of junk- no artificial stuff. just hazlenut, cocoa, and skim milk. great in moderation when you have a chocolate craving!
  • getnfit2day
    getnfit2day Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Heard of the chocolate cheerios.....Gonna have to give them a try! I bet they make for a great snack even w/out the milk.
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I like chocolate too, but remember to stick to 70% or more cacao, otherwise you're just eating mostly fat, and the "benefits" cited are pretty much null with milk chocolate (and I'm sure none at all for white, since there's absolutely no cocoa in that one, just FAT and SUGAR). @_@
  • jcompton3821
    Options
    I eat chocolate everyday... one small peppermint patty.
    I just saw the chocolate cheerios yesterday in the grocery store and was taken back by them. Have not try them and not sure I will because I don't like it when cereals turn my milk a different color; something that followed me from childhood to adult hood.

That's exactly what I eat!! I small patty is 30 cals so I can usually squeeze one in after a meal to get a litttle pick me up. Just got home from Walmart with the Choc. Cheerios....I can't wait for breakfast!!!!