Question: What is your...

What is your favorite go-to breakfast/snack? I reeeeally need to eat in the morning but it seems to determine my day as to what it is. A donut= a bad day altogether and start over again tomorrow. Egg whites are a pain... Today is my first day on here, although I tried (and liked) Sparkpeople and WW in the past. I do not want to obsess over food and menus. Just some quick go-to's and I will be happily on my way. Can you help?

Judith:smooched:

Replies

• lilkayaker
    lilkayaker Posts: 37 Member
    Ceral (whole grain) or i make my own trail mix snack packs with yogurt drops and the yummy nuts and good things I like. Plus it saves me money making my own. I measure out my portions about once a week. Or i have a protein shake with Almond milk. Fruit-apples bananas, berries. Simply toast with a little peanut butter or something similar. ooohhh OATMEAL I love it especially on chilly mornings! Great...now im hungrey !!! :laugh:
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    I'm not big into the traditional breakfast foods, though I will occasionally have plain oatmeal or grits with hot sauce. This morning it's pre-made Indian food. A lot of the time, I will have a quesadilla or some Greek yogurt.
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Oatmeal or Greek yogurt..
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    I rotate my breakfast between:

Greek Yogurt
    High Protein cereal
    Fried Eggs
    Quick Oats

Those last the longest. Things like fruit are ok, but I end up feeling hungry an hour later.
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    When I know I'm going to be busy and need a quick breakfast I'll make breakfast "muffins" in advance simply fry off some bacon/onion/tomato/whatever I have in the fridge and put it in muffin tins, top up with beaten egg and milk and bake for approx 30mins. They keep in the fridge pretty well for up to a week I think.

I recently discovered paleo pancakes which is my new favourite when I have time - simply mashed banana and egg fried up. If you google it there's loads of recipes.

Oatmeal or cereal are both great too :-) xx
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Unless I get an egg white veggie omlett from the cafeteria at work, I usually try to find something quik and filling.

My favorite breakfast (at home) is a coffee protein shake: 1 cup of coffee (mine is usually already made up with my sugar free hazelnut creamer), 1 scoop of 100% Whey protein powder, and ice. Throw that in the magic bullett and I'm off. Tastes great and keeps me full until lunch.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    When I know I'm going to be busy and need a quick breakfast I'll make breakfast "muffins" in advance simply fry off some bacon/onion/tomato/whatever I have in the fridge and put it in muffin tins, top up with beaten egg and milk and bake for approx 30mins. They keep in the fridge pretty well for up to a week I think.

What a great idea!!

Not much of a breakfast eater, but I know I have to in order to raise my metabolism, so it's usually low-salt turkey bacon, which is easy to microwave.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    I have a chocolate Carnation Instant Breakfast shake with 1% milk. If I have leftover veggie pizza, I might have that.
  • aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    If I'm really in a hurry, I'll do a Mini Babybel Light or two, half a banana and a couple high fiber crackers. My favorite is a slice of Rudi's bread toasted (high protein, fiber and whole grains) with a tablespoon of pb and apple slices or berries on top :) I also will do a turkey sandwich if I'm not feeling breakfasty.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    Why do you have to eat breakfast? If it is a personal preference that is fine... but I don't want you to think you HAVE to to lose weight. Meal timing and frequency have NO impact on metabolic rate or weight loss.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    I'm one of those people that think breakfast is important to weight loss.

During the work week I need breakfast-to-go.

I almost always have a banana and...

- protein bar - 8-10 gms of protein about 200 cals
    - Emerald on-the-go trail mix - made for breakfast and individually wrapped
    - packaged protein shake (Special K etc)
    - if I have time, a peanut butter/banana sandwich
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Coffee

I cannot eat in the morning it makes me feel sick.
  • I usually have one of those thin bagels with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese. On work out mornings, I have a protein shake (and some almonds or a banana if I'm extra hungry.)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Refrigerator oatmeal that you make the night before is awesome, healthy and very filling! There are a ton of recipes out there and since it's ready when you wake up, it's a quick breakfast.
  • Eggs. New favorite is deviled eggs (love hard boiled eggs but hate the yolk; this make me like the yolk). For 2 deviled eggs, I mix the yolk with a tsp of mayo and a tsp of golden brown mustard and call it a day. Goes great with a fruit or yogurt of choice.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,923 Member
    My saving grace for breakfast is a packet of Weight Management Oatmeal. I use the Kroger brand, but I know Quaker has a version. I start work before 7am and prefer to eat at my desk when I get there. It's quick, it's easy and it's filling. I usually don't get hungry again until 10am and then I eat a small snack. I'd love to be able to eat eggs and turkey sausage EVERY day for breakfast but it doesn't work into my schedule well. I reserve that privilege to the weekends!

I've tried Refrigerator Oatmeal and it was just a weird consistency for me.
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    1 rye bread with half a tomato + 1 glas skimmed milk

keeps me going, it's delicious, very healthy, no butter whatsoever.

I have grown very fond of my tomato and rye sandwiches :heart:
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    I have a yoghurt, and apple and a cup of tea (just a drop of milk, no sugar - the proper English way :wink: )

Maybe add 20g of almonds if I know it's a long time til lunch
  • Safati
    Safati Posts: 20 Member
    Bread and olive oil,, Yummmy and a good boost for the morning
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Pound of cottage cheese. 4% fat.