Why is this happening?

Options
Every other day the scale says 129, then the days when it doesn't say that, it says 130. I was certain that I was going to see 128 on the scale today but I didn't, I saw 130. It was depressing. I know there are those of you who are going to tell me not to weigh myself every day, but it's a habit I can't seem to break just yet. Regardless - why does my weight go up a pound every other day?
I'm on a no carb diet & don't eat sodium rich foods, by the way.

Replies

• fatatackash
    Options
    Hi there
    i hate those too, also weigh myself daily, it is the water fluctuation in your body, have you ever tried to do a kickstart again , just to rid your body of water? the cabbage soup 7 day diet, works very well for that, that way you can see your actual weight after just 7 days.
    i lost 5kg of water in one week.
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Body weight naturally fluctuates from day to day (and even time of day).
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Without being able to see your diary or any information about it, it's pretty hard to make an educated assessment.

But at 129lbs your weight loss journey is likely to be slow, since you're already at a healthy weight (well, I don't know how tall you are, so I'm kind of guessing there...) I'm about the same weight as you and have found that if I'm lucky I lose half a pound or a pound a month. It is sloooooow. But my focus is also less on the scale and more on my measurements. This morning I measured and found that I had lost half an inch off of my waist and 1.5 inches off of my hips, which was very encouraging.

So if watching the scale is making you really frustrated, I would recommend taking measurements and focusing on toning & strengthening your body. At your weight, that's likely to have the biggest impact on how you actually look, as opposed to those last couple of pounds. At least that's been the case for me, and I'm about the same weight as you.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I can tell you my weight does the same. I can be the same weight for 3 days then go up 100 or 200 grms then the next day down 500gms.
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    i hate those too, also weigh myself daily, it is the water fluctuation in your body, have you ever tried to do a kickstart again , just to rid your body of water? the cabbage soup 7 day diet, works very well for that, that way you can see your actual weight after just 7 days.
    i lost 5kg of water in one week.

Are you seriously suggesting that one aim to rid one's body of water??? Jeez louise

OP, please ignore suggestions to try harmful short-term diets that will provide you with no long-term benefits, will give you inadequate nutrition, and will give you horrible gas for a week! If you want to know how to become healthier and get rid of FAT, seek the advice of your doctor or a nutritionist, not these quacks
  • Andrea3030
    Options
    How tall are you?

A lb is totally normal...you are lucky, some people fluctuate up to 6-8 lbs! I myself can go up or down 2-3 lbs depending on salt/water/time of month.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    It could mean a number of things, but without seeing your diary - knowing your physical stats - not a whole lot to suggest for scoundrels. A lot of sodium/water retention, miscalculating how many calories youre eating, not eating enough on heavy workout days consistently enough to make your body slow down on what it burns, etc .. Only thing I can say is to focus on your other numbers (like a prev poster mentioned.) Measure your body, take notes of it over time and you will see the numbers go down. Just figure out what youre doing, tweak to adjust, and keep on keeping on. Youll see results either in your appearance, your clothes fitting looser, or the scale finally surrendering and telling you what you wanna hear :)

ETA Avoid the temptation of fad/crash dieting. you want this to be sustainable, non?