Giving it a try

cpalmless
cpalmless Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Just found out about this website today and even though I just found this website, I can feel myself coming up with tons of excuses why it won't work for me. Hoping that I can find somehow to get myself 100% committed and finally lose. I know all the logical reasons that I need to lose weight (healthy, feeling better, etc) BUT I guess I haven't found my "a ha" moment. Any suggestions? I'm thinking small steps and just starting without trying to over think it and let the plan build momentum.

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    It's the easiest thing! Eventually you'll find yourself logging calories like a game. How many calories can you fit into a day without going over? It's kind of fun! Just try it, and make yourself stick with staying under on calories at least. It's worth it!
  • hi my name nikki. i started this program last week and i got to say that i wasn't sure about the program myself. Until this week when i got now the stale. i lost my first pound. i know it may don't seem like much but it's a big joy for me.With the cardio i did every 4 days. Am starting to see a different in my body. So to you from me, gave it a try if you don't like it than try something else. But you want know if u don't try.
  • Imagine_Peace
    Imagine_Peace Posts: 1 Member
    Hi there,

I'm new also. The reasons you mention are always good, good health, lose weight. But, I would suggest just start and don't look at the long haul just take it a day or even a meal at a time. Don't set huge goals, maybe just decide that today you'll track everything you eat. Man was that an eyeopener for me! And, if you feel like incorporating some exercise, go for it. I tried this time not to set huge goals, like I WILL EXERCISE EVERYDAY REALLY HARD FOR 60 MINUTES, and then get mad at myself if I don't.

What has also been motivating is seeing how my exercise allows me to eat a bit more and stay within the allotted calories. I must say I love this site. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • tasha30
    tasha30 Posts: 248 Member
    Just look at and read the success stories. That should motivate you, and there are also great people here that felt the same way you did and look at US now! Stay focused, and just remember NO ONE is going to be able to do it for YOU, but YOU!

good luck!!:wink:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    The success stories and photos on MFP are wonderful. I still read through them.

I've tried all sorts of food trackers - daily plate, sparkpeople, fitday... in my opinion MFP is one of the easiest to use (and I've never had problems with the site being down or being painfully slow). Plus after lurking for a month, I've discovered the community here is wonderful, and it helps ME to get involved with others that share my same journey.

:flowerforyou:
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Why not try setting a static goal, such as "to fit into the clothes I wore at my wedding" or "to take the stairs at the office without getting winded." The more the clothes button or the less winded you get, the better you'll feel about yourself. While we talk a lot about pounds, the goal isn't really to lose weight--it's about changing your lifestyle, becoming healthy and learning to take care of your body.
This discussion has been closed.