Informative seminar for runners

Options
FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
The city had a training seminar which just what I needed it had lectures about the physical ntritional AND the mental aspect of intense training. I kida look at my diet in a ew light although healthy from a wieght loss aspect it may be to restrictive for my training. we were told to make sure we eat enough so our bodies dont literally detieroate(im a bad speller) and that idea kinda sunk in. now that didnt mean just gorge on anythinf and everything but eat small meals every 2-3 hours religiously and have a mix of carbs protie and fat at EVERY meal. we also learned what "carbo loading" really meant. ad the nutritionist said start that 3 days before te race, whic I had never known and that eans about 600 gms of carbs for 3 days staright. Which is good I work in a kitchen. I know wieght loss will be the best side effect even if everything hurts and i rarely have time to enjoy it. But this has given me the inspiration I need to get in the game. I am gonna head out for 3 miles soon and then the gym later....

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information. I know there is still a lot of different ideas about whether or not to carbo load before a race. I think what it comes down to is the distance. If you are doing a 5K you probably don't need to. I might be completely wrong though.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information. I know there is still a lot of different ideas about whether or not to carbo load before a race. I think what it comes down to is the distance. If you are doing a 5K you probably don't need to. I might be completely wrong though.
    i did hear that i think its anything over a ten k as a rule of thumb and depending on the ten k course maybe that...its cvrazy how much you have to put into your body