Options

Replies

• DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Bumping... these all sound delicious!
  • tbielaczyc
    Options
    20g soft cheese, chopped spring onions, teaspoon chilli, garlic clove crushed, spinach leaves, 10g half fat creme fraiche, ground pepper to season

melt the low fat cheese in a frying pan, add the spring onions, chilli and Garlic, cook over a low heat.
    Put the spinach in a colander and pour over boiling water, leave to drain.

Mix all together then pour over pasta (or mix it all in)

Is very nice :smile:

This sounds so good. So good. No idea what you mean by soft cheese, though...like cream cheese?! Or...just a really mushy cheese? And by chilli, do you mean chili powder? And half-fat creme fraiche...hmmm...thinking of substitutions. I am going to stalk your profile now to see where you're from, as I'm determined to figure this recipe out and you're clearly not in the U.S. :) Thank you for sharing...at the very least, this is going to make me experiment.

I think I'd try alouette light for the soft cheese, chili pepper flakes and 1 tbls fat free greek yogurt along w/a dash of fat free half and half to replace the creme fraiche...that's what I'm gonna do :)
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Roast mushrooms, peeled garlic cloves, and peeled and roughly chopped onions slowly together, having first coated them in a little olive oil. Melt reduced fat cream cheese in a pan, chop the veg finely and add chopped herbs of your choice (or of course put it all in a blender and heat through).
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Fry some onions and garlic in a little olive oil, add a tin of chopped tomatoes and some tomato puree and let it reduce a bit. Can jazz it up a bit by adding things like fresh basil, chilli, peppers, mushroom, clams etc. Then top off with some parmesan :-))
  • arickim
    arickim Posts: 137
    Options
    bump
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!!
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Bump!
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I think I'd try alouette light for the soft cheese, chili pepper flakes and 1 tbls fat free greek yogurt along w/a dash of fat free half and half to replace the creme fraiche...that's what I'm gonna do :)

Thank you. THANK YOU! :) Good call. Nom.
    Holy crack, I want to cook this now. At my desk. At work. At 10:53 in the morning.
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    For the last two nights I've been eating what I call "Caprese Pasta."
    Sauté halved cherry or grape tomatoes in .5 tsp of olive oil and throw in chopped fresh basil just before taking it off the heat. Throw that on top of pasta with 1 oz of fresh perlini mozzarella and a couple tablespoons of reduced balsamic vinegar (put a couple tablespoons in a pan/pot over medium/low heat until it reduces...then it will thicken as it cools). It's fantastic!
  • jcrowfoot
    jcrowfoot Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    BUMP:wink:
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    1 TBSP extra virgin Olive Oil
    1 to 2 Cloves of garlic
    Fresh basil (bunch chopped)
    pine nuts - handful
    Fresh tomatoes or 1 - 32 oz can of whole tomatoes (remove the stems)

Sautee' the garlic and pine nuts until golden, add in the basil and tomatoes. It's done in less than 10 minutes. And it it D-Lisch!

Sprinkle a little fresh grated parmigiano reggiano on top.
  • ware_sarah
    ware_sarah Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mowrie
    mowrie Posts: 3
    Options
    easy and much cheapness:

garlic glove crushed
    tablesppon rosemary - fresh & chopped
    tsp olive oil

heat gently in saucepan a couple mins only.
    then add

packet passata, bring to theboil, then simmer until it reduces a bit and thickens

and anything else you like, (chopped anchovies/chillis.mushrooms etc season and serve. Also works as a great base for homemade pizza
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • steflbrown
    Options
    bump
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I use a low calorie store-bought pasta sauce, then add some cooked crumbled Isernio's Chicken Italian Sausage, a clove of garlic and some fresh basil from my garden. Simmer a few minutes. When fall comes, I pick the rest of my basil and freeze it in baggies. Anyway, if you haven't tried the chicken italian sausage, you are missing out. It is delicious. I prefer it to the regular italian sausage and used it even when I wasn't trying to eat healthy.
  • minimaggie
    minimaggie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of the Avocado Alfredo at this link:

www.ohsheglows.com

It's amazing, full of only healthy fat and if you are trying to keep carbs down, it's awesome on spaghetti squash. We are actually having it for dinner tonight with hummus crusted chicken. YUMMY!!!!!

Edited because my fingers don't work as fast as my brain and I can't spell!!!!
  • thelibear
    Options
    I make this sauce a lot. It's ridiculously easy to make! It's a modification of Gina's skinny taste sauce (original recipe here: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/01/spinach-stuffed-shells-with-meat-sauce.html)

1 lb of 99% lean ground turkey meat
    2 28-oz cans of crushed tomatoes
    One cup of chopped onions
    One tablespoon of olive oil (could probably use less!)
    Spices of your choosing (I use garlic powder, salt, and pepper. The original recipe calls for fresh garlic but I'm a terrible cook and don't know how to cut/cook garlic haha)

Saute the onions in the oil. Add the ground turkey meat. Add the crushed tomatoes. Simmer!

I bag it up into half-cup servings. It makes roughly 15 servings. I love it over pasta & ravioli!

Calories per serving: 85.
    Carbs: 7 grams
    Fat: 1 grams
    Protein: 11 grams
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    bump looks real good!