?Anyone Know?

Options
Does anyone know if it's better to excersise before or after you eat ,and how long should you wait? :huh:

Replies

• serious1
    serious1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if it's better to excersise before or after you eat ,and how long should you wait? :huh:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    After but give yourself time to digest (maybe 1/2 an hour or so I think).
  • tiangelah
    tiangelah Posts: 144
    Options
    I eat a banana right before I work out in the morning. It seems like it gives me alot of energy. Then I eat my cereal after workout
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I eat a banana right before I work out in the morning. It seems like it gives me alot of energy. Then I eat my cereal after work.

I love my banana's in the morning too. It's just enough to keep you happy but doesn't make you feel heavy while working out. After my morning workouts, I always have my plain oatmeal with raspberries.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I can't eat before I exercise in the a.m. - on medication that I can't have anything to eat for 1 hr after taking and have to take first thing. So, for now I exercise now, eat after. Still seem to be doing o.k. on weight loss - when I keep in my calories and watch my sodium :laugh:
  • DianneLynn
    DianneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That would depend on just what kind of exercise you are doing Serious1.

ie. There are certain foods suggested you eat before a good weight workout...however you wouldn't want to do that if you were Swimming...which is a great cardio workout .
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I eat my fiber one bar for carb energy before my workout and I have my protein shake after to help with building the muscles.