Does this happen to anyone else?

Options
To those who have lost weight, men & women, do people treat you differently? Co-workers, acquantances? Opposite sex gives you a bit more attention? Is it wrong to enjoy this extra attention??? I'm in such the happy place right now, it's like a happy high LOL! A youngen, guy, @ the gym who's a regular struck up a conversation w/me the other day! THAT never happened before!!! Am I allowed to let this go to my head???? Even my husband has been more "into me". It's crazy! Is it just the physical appearance or could it be the newly found confidence??? Thoughts........

Replies

• icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I'm not at the point where the opposite sex is giving me attention. Yet!
    Honestly, that whole issue/possibility scares me to death! LOL
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The guys in the office downstairs have started going out of their way to open doors for me and my hubby has been more attentive, I think its a combination of more confidence and looking better, whatever, ENJOY! :)
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I am getting TONS of attention...
  • imalexgirl
    Options
    That has happened to me, and it makes me angry if it is someone who wouldn't talk to me before. I think it is crappy that I wasn't worthy of their time 24lbs ago! If it comes from someone who hasn't ignored me before, then it makes me feel good that my work has been noticed!
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Embrace it and enjoy it, ladies! :flowerforyou:

http://collegecookingandironchefamerica.blogspot.com/
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    No :(

Apparently boys don't like me hahaha
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    ENJOY IT!

Revel in it, have fun, let your husband enjoy this 'new' you :)

You've earned it!

:flowerforyou:
  • kitkatwag
    kitkatwag Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    sounds great to me. I think the confidence has allot to do with it! Enjoy it and of course LET it go to your head. It can only be a motivator
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    yup, i too get extra attention now. People that never knew I existed are now talking to me, commenting on how good I am looking......... it's strange but awesome. And of course I get the extra attention from the hubby, which is really the only person that matters =)

WTG you!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Nope, still too fat.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I get hit on a lot now.
    I kinda like it!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I find that I have more confidence, and confidence tends to draw people to you.
  • Daringgreatly
    Options
    I dated someone last summer who, when I met him, had recently lost a significant amount of weight (from pictures i would guess around 100lbs.) Having not known him previously I would often be unaware of things that had a significant effect on him (being able to walk into a retail store off the street and fit in the clothes he tried on...) After a short run of it we stopped seeing each other and honestly I think part of what made us not a fit (neither of us had any hard feelings at the end) was that he couldn't get past his curiosity - would she have wanted to date me if she had known me before?

I have gained weight since then (which is why I am here now :) and have since experienced dating someone who has become less and less attracted to me as time has gone on (and weight has been gained and esteem has gone down) I can easily imagine feeling resentful towards someone who all the sudden notices me (again) once I achieve my goal. There are a few factors to take into account- society placing so much value on thin- and the resulting personality shift / confidence boost I will experience once i achieve my goal (no matter how long it takes)

I guess I would encourage folks experiencing a change in the way folks treat them to hold their heads up, have compassion for those who are suddenly aware of you (how sad for them to not have been enjoying you as a person before) and have compassion for others that might be currently experiencing the struggle we all have in common.
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have lost some weight but still have over a hundred to lose. I definitely get hit on way more frequently. But I know that it is my confidence. I feel GREAT about myself and it shows. Confidence is sexy. You do not have to be a size 4 to be sexy. You have to be a happy, strong, confident, person... and I am! :)
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have noticed a big difference. It's like people who never noticed me before do now. I was not really shocked by this, but it has occured to me lately that hubby is being a lot more attentive, opening doors, more, just treating me more like a girl!
  • LeslieC1970
    Options
    Enjoy it! I think it is a combination of confidence and feeling good about yourself. It projects and attracts people to you.
  • nascarbettie
    nascarbettie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    No :(

Apparently boys don't like me hahaha

me either lol
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have found a correlation between my fitness and people, on the surface, being attracted to me. Here is my theoretical forumula:

Less Fit = Less Attractive

More Fit = More Attractive