Moving Foward

Options
My name is Melissa Lamb and I am a 21 year college student. So this is after my first week on myfitnesspal and I love it. When I weighed myself a week ago I was at 227 lbs on my 5'3 frame. This is not my heaviest back in April before I went to Peru for a month I weighed close to 240 lbs while in Peru being a picky eater I lost 25 lbs eating with my host family (wonderful family, icky food). After coming home I began to pick up old habits of emotional eating and binge eating and I slowly started to regain the weight. When the new year came around I didn't want to make it just a challege to lose the weight because I felt like once I failed a couple of times I would give up. So my goal is not just to lose weight but change my eating habits and exicerise habits. I hope to work out 5 times a week for an hour each while maintaining 1200 to 1400 calories. After one week it looks like I'm doing good. The scale at the gym (not sure it works properly though) said I was 220 lbs. I hope to continue this trend and get a better scale for more accurate readings on a daily basis.

Replies

• jawhwilson
    Options
    Good job! I have noticed myself even exercizing so i can have a candy bar. lol. Not the greatest example, I'm to learning more about eating healthy. It's not easy in a house with four kids and an autistic one that does not eat a good variety. But I know we can do it. Keep the confidence, you might have a day or two where you get upset and break the healthy eating habbit, but dont be hard on yourself at all.
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're off to a good start. One thing I would caution you about is weighing yourself daily. Your body will go through normal fluctuations on a day to day basis. Pick a day/time to weigh-in 1/week and stay away from the scale for a week. Too easy to get discouraged by daily fluctuations. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.
  • leticia1172
    Options
    Great job! I too have a small frame 5'0 and weigh 225 pounds, so I a very familiar with your struggle. I too am trying to do the 1200 calories and work out 5 times a week. Do you belong to a gym? I have been on my fitness pal 2 weeks and lost 2lbs (not too bad considering I have been doing football parties...love football & baseball).

This sight is great and offers a lot of support and inspiration!