anyone heard of bodypump?

Options
I want to record my body pump workout but can't figure out how to record it in my exercise database. Under strenght training it wants you to add each rep/weight. Body pump is all set to music with a variety of weights & movements. Any suggestions? It's amazing workout!

Replies

• tinamartinson
    tinamartinson Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It is strength training but also a lot of cardio. I created a new cardio exercise and logged the Cal from my heart rate monitor. I would think you could use the "Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)" otherwise.

I used to do Bodypump 2-3x a week but now that I work there aren't as many options for me to do it. I kind of miss it but have replaced it with boot camp and TRX. ENJOY!
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    If you are looking to record the calories burned, as the previous poster suggests, you'll do it in the CARDIO section (despite it being a weight training exercise -- no calories are calculated for the reps you log in that bottom section). I think circuit training might be the best close match for an activity.

If you want to log your reps for future reference you can do that in the strength section as well.
    Like you say though it'll be a big pain if you are doing a million sets.

You might just want to enter it in the "notes" section - i.e. "used 20 pounds for arm track, used 40 pounds for leg track" etc.