THE DEVIL!!

Options
So I come in to work today, got my cup of coffee in hand. Go to the kitchen to get my creamer out the fridge…:noway: THERE WERE :devil: CAKES :devil: EVERYWHERE :devil: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I literally :noway: screamed :noway: and started praying!!! So the initial shock had me panicking, thinking to myself how I was going to sneak :devil: and get in there… to get me a piece OR two. My boss, who is on E-Diets and knows the plans for my weight-loss was coming down the hall wondering why I am screaming of course and I told her “I can’t do this!” :explode: She said “Yes you can, I believe in you!” I looked her in her eyes and shook my head then my Spirit Man kicked in telling me “You can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens YOU!” So between me screaming and praying, my boss telling me she ‘believes’ in me and the Holy Spirit ministering to my heart, I grabbed my two Del Monte Grapefruit cups and haven’t been back in the kitchen and I’m actually okay :bigsmile: ! This is HUGE for me, because I :sad: L-O-V-E :love: sweets and pastries and to boot
wait for it
> I got on the scales today and have lost a total of 9lbs :drinker: since starting my journey a couple weeks ago.

Replies

• deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It is so hard to make those decisions, but once they are made and you walk away from whatever junk you have refused, it feels WONDERFUL!!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL! Way to avoid temptation. Those office temptations are always the worst!!!!
  • TaliaP77
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL! Way to avoid temptation. Those office temptations are always the worst!!!!

MissAnj I am so happy that I have training today, so I can leave here. Not really tripping off of it, just don't want to be around it. The Holiday's are coming so you know all kinds of cakes and cookies will be flowing through the offices, by then i plan on having a full armor of Will-Power!! :bigsmile:
  • Brooklyngurl3
    Brooklyngurl3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!!!!!!!
  • AnewNisha
    AnewNisha Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling alll too well, girl you can do it!!! I work at a Breast Cancer center with 52 women and needless to say there is always someone backing something or buying sweets "just because" You are very blessed to have a partner in crime to help you with situations like this. Its not easy but you can do it!!!

15136227.png
  • edixon908
    edixon908 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Stay focused and remember this too shall pass. You can do all things .... yes u can.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'm so PROUD of you! 9 pounds is tremendous and you rock, period. :heart:

Listen girl, that's NOT the devil...it's NOT! It's YOU. Temptation is going to be around you and me for the rest of our lives and if it's not regarding food, it's going to be our "attitudes" anger, wrath, jealousy, envy, covetousness, pride, gluttony et. al.

Truly give God the Glory--and don't give satan even an ounce of credit and or blame in this. God is counting on YOU to allow His Spirit to rule and reign in you and for you to get to the goals that He (in you) are aiming at. See, if you blame satan for temptation...then you will also blame him for your failure. The TRUTH of the matter is God has given you weapons to win this thang...

Galatians 5:
    22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

The Holy Spirit is not going to have you screaming and hollering all over the office when (not if...but WHEN) "temptation" rears it's foul and good-looking head up in (y)our life. Nope! But among other things is self-control. If self-control isn't ruling and reigning in our spirits and lives, it's not the "devil's fault--it's not beloved...it's our fault, period. Unless we really don't believe God and His Word. That's the the REAL problem is.

So, my friend...give Glory to God. Truly walk in The Spirit (not when you want to--but ALL the time, this requires humility) and you'll look at that cake--either have a small piece and work it in your calorie count for today and/or look at your precious gut and but and say--NAH, I'll pass and walk and get your fruit cup like the royal princess you are--no fuss, no muss. Why? Because you are on a mission. Not just merely for vanity sake but because God wants to use you as His Witness that you truly can do all things thru Christ who Strengthen you. Not because you nor I say so...but because He says so.

The next time (and it will be sooner than later) temptation tries to get you out of you you truly are in Christ...meditate on this:

Isaiah 54:17

No weapon formed against you shall prosper,
    And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
    You shall condemn.
    This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
    And their righteousness is from Me,”
    Says the Lord.

That includes my voice, the devil's voice and most important--you own voice/the flesh.

From this day forth, no longer give "the accuser of the brethren" another second of glory and victory.

Ephesian 6:

13 Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. 14 Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. 15 For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared.[d] 16 In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil.[e] 17 Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.

Don't just start screaming and going off...Put on the whole amour of God, cool, calm and Holy Spirit collected.

Lastly...I'm talking to MYSELF, just as much (if not more) than I'm talking to you--cause I MUST do these EXACT same things if/since I want to be a Witness and Glorify God in this battle. just FYI!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    lol, we all can sympathize, it IS hard! Great job avoiding temptation!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Funny, I have the same response when I see emoticons everywhere...
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    awesome post!! crazy proud of YOU... thanks for sharing
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I thought you were summoning me.

Well, congratulations on your self control and your scale success.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    this is awful...i want cake so so badly now.

i think im gonna go with my favorite psalm: "go forth, ye, and eat all the cakes"
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    haha! you're so cute.

Great job fighting the temptation!!!! Often times those are the hardest parts. One day at a time.....
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    :heart: :devil:
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    GR8t NSV :):):)
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I so understand! Yesterday they had boss's day cakes everywhere, then they had a celebration for the call of the month (I'm a call center nurse) I won, the cake was for me and I too was able to walk away from it and have my cottage cheese and raspberries. NOT easy, but so many of my co-workers were impressed in the end I was proud, you should be too!
  • bricktowngal
    Options
    Great job! I hope I have that kind of will power myself when the holidays come around - - and they are coming!
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I'm not looking to Halloween eve, if I'm honest. I have had, in the past, a habit of, er, ensuring the quality of the goodies which I hand out.
  • johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Where do you work? I am on my way!!! lol

I don't think I could have been as strong as you!!!

Great job!!
  • anaoliver63
    anaoliver63 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    High Five, to conquering your demons!!! God always gives us a way out!!! Congrats!!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!