High protein snacks suitable to take to work.

Options
2»

Replies

• Kitsada
    Kitsada Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I like to have a bag of trail mix in the drawer at work to keep me from going down to the vending machines.

Trader Joe's Omega Trek mix is yummy, with dried cranberries, almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds.

I'll have a quick handful days I'm feeling hungry during the day, between when I'm meeting with people.

Also string cheese, hard boiled eggs, good suggestions.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Thanks for so many replies. I don,t know why I am worrying about looking weird I have a reputation for being a bit weird anyway. Also half the younger midwifes are on the Dukan diet so will probably fit it well. I don,t think a live chicken would go down that well though LOL. I suppose it is just a matter of changing usuall routines and ways of eating which i have done before and can do again. I have never eaten beef jerky no idea what it tastes like, until recently I wasn,t even that keen on meat but have found myself enjoying it. I love peanut butter and natural yoghurt and like protein bars although I tend to eat one of these on the way home in the car.

You mention "natural yoghurt". I don't know if you know that greek yogurt (at lease here in the states) has a lot more protein and protein helps keep you from getting hungry among other good things. If you already know this.......please disreguard this post. ;-)
  • LKD87
    LKD87 Posts: 21
    Options
    Try Quest protein bars!.... 20g of protein, low carb, no sugar added, all natural, high fiber, 160-170 calories... and they are DELICIOUS. I literally look forward to eating these bars everyday. Not to mention, they keep me satisfied for hours!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I have been eating the carb conscious ones they feel so naughty I have just ordered the pure protein ones and have some my protein Elle bars they are all really nice.
  • Love2lift72
    Love2lift72 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Love all these great ideas!!