NSV (WARNING-long back story)

Options
marhattap
marhattap Posts: 149 Member
So, I’m pretty excited!! I just had an NSV!!

A little back story: I started my journey in April of 2011. I was doing great. I was eating healthy, working out 5 days a week, I had lost 44 lbs, and I felt amazing. That is until mid May, when my daily regime came to a screeching halt.

Our lives changed that day in May. My fiancé (at the time) was given a position of a lifetime. So, we uprooted and moved to Raleigh, NC. I, still wanting to keep my job in Greenville, NC, decided to make a daily hour and half commute to work, and back. You read that right, that's a DAILY 3 hour commute. Not to mention that all these changes were happening WEEKS before my wedding, which itself is quite stressful. I find that when I’m stressed, food becomes my best friend. My best-est friend during that time? Chick-Fil-A char-grilled chicken sandwich with 6 PACKS OF MAYO, large sweet tea, and large french fries. This was my lunch, everyday. Needless to say, I ended up gaining a few pounds.

After getting married, I found it even more difficult to continue to eat healthy. Since we moved, and since I didn’t get home until 7pm every night, we went out to eat constantly. Before the move we never had plans on the weekend (because Greenville was so far away from civilization) now, however, we find ourselves going somewhere every weekend. To me, road trips=junk food binge. I kept telling myself I was going to start over tomorrow, but tomorrow never came. In August, I turned vegan. Two weeks later, I decided I couldn’t handle not eating dairy, and went vegetarian. Little protein and high carb was my recipe for disaster. I ended up gaining 20 lbs in 4 months. Being vegetarian is wonderful thing. However, it’s just not for me.

5 weeks ago, I decided that I needed to make a change. I knew that going to the gym was tricky for me (with my commute and all) so I found ways to implement exercise elsewhere. I would run during lunch, park as far away as I could, take my phone calls standing up, TAKE THE STAIRS (yes- it had gotten so bad that I was taking the elevator to the second floor again). I was doing all this in addition to adding lean protein and taking away "non-complex" carbs. Before I knew, it the weight was coming off. I had lost most of the weight that I gained, but it didn’t really hit me……..until today.

In May, when we went to go get rings, my ring was a bit snug. But I figured snug meant secure and kept it at its size. Just this morning, as I was talking to a student (I talk with my hands), I noticed that it felt as though it might come off. To my amazement, my ring was now loose! It was no longer snug, in fact, it has to be re sized!

Replies

• jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options
    That's awesome! Way to come back from a long stumble! I'm just coming off of my own long stumble, so this is very inspiring to me. Keep up the good work! =D
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV!!

My wedding ring was so tight I was scared I would have to have it CUT off... it was one of the 'last straws' for me (I didn't want to ruin my wedding band). I still can't take it off, but it's not uncomfortable anymore, and I'm no longer worried.

I look forward to attaining your NSV, and having my own ring that loose!
  • jenec803
    Options
    I did have my wedding ring cut off in April because I was afraid that I would swell up during Summer and my finger would fall off! I had it fixed and resized but I've lost 30 lbs since then and now its too big. Oh well. My birthday is coming up soon so I think that is a good time to ask for another ring. We've been married 27 yrs. I'm due...:)
  • nygrl4evr
    nygrl4evr Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!! Congrats! I know how hard these changes can be. I got married this past May, moved to my new husband's house in Burlington, NC but my job is in Winston Salem which is an hour away for me. It has gotten hard with a 2 hour commute every day but I try my hardest to work in an 45 min workout every work day and I plan my meals out every week. During the week we usually just grill meat outside or on the Foreman with seasonings and make salads or steam vegetables to avoid eating out. Good luck because it sounds like your changes are working!! Every little bit is very good for you and adds up to success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!