So frustrated! Scale hasnt budged!

Options
I dont get it?! I have beenunder my calorie goal every day for 8 days and I've been working out, yet my scale has not budged and I dont feel any thinner. I am 29 and I used to lose weight sooo easily. I am terrified that as Im getting older I cant lose weight like most people can. Is this even possible? I dont know what to think. I have been so dedicated.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome!

Replies

• TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    You've got such a small amount of weight to lose, it'll likely take you longer to see scale results.

Give it a few WEEKS of calorie counting and working out and then measure your inches rather than your pounds lost.

Good luck!
  • WendyBlendy
    WendyBlendy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Just give it time...it took me a couple weeks to start loosing.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I dont get it?! I have beenunder my calorie goal every day for 8 days and I've been working out, yet my scale has not budged and I dont feel any thinner. I am 29 and I used to lose weight sooo easily. I am terrified that as Im getting older I cant lose weight like most people can. Is this even possible? I dont know what to think. I have been so dedicated.

My thoughts

You are smoking hot.
  • TinaCleg
    Options
    I know it's frustrating. It took me three weeks to get the scale to go down again and I was not cheating. Keep at it. You can do it !
  • nygrl4evr
    nygrl4evr Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I agree, measure your inches as well. You may be building muscle and that is why it isn't moving. Muscle is great because it burns more and in the long run will help you get to where you want to be. Good luck!
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Mine hasn't budged (other than occasionally going the wrong way!) since the beginning of September. My weight loss has been like this though, at the beginning I'd lose 1.5lbs a week, then it stutter for a few weeks and start back up. Instead of eating less, I actually eat a little more and continue my work outs. I'm hoping for a change in the next week or so.
  • 05saleengirl
    Options

Are you new to the exercises your doing? If so, you could be retaining water, nothing that will stick. Also, how are your hormones? Anything off there? I have hypothyroid, have had a baby and just turned 31, and I am able to lose weight; in other words. I think your fine. Don't worry about your age!! It will change here soon, just stick with everything you are doing. Sometimes some people need to eat back some of their exercise cals too.
  • Aleciarose123
    Aleciarose123 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Thats encouraging. Maybe I'm expecting results too soon, but I guess I'm just used to losing weight a lot easier when I was younger. I definitely feel as though my metabolism is slowing and it is freaking me the F out! Excuse my French :)
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Do exercises that speed up you metabolism then? What you doing now?

Weights I am told do speed up it up.

Be good x
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Are you using a digital food scale to weigh everything that goes into your mouth? Most people drastically underestimate food portions and measuring cups are deceitful. Best <$20 you can make. You'll be shocked at the difference.

Are you verifying the nutritional information for the foods you select from the database?

Are you logging everything including drinks, things used to cook with like oils, butter, marinades, etc.?

Are you keeping your metabolism fired up by eating enough? Don't eat (way) less than MFP recommends.

Are you overestimating the number of calories burned from exercise?

Are your settings correct, especially the lifestyle/activity setting? Don't include dedicated exercise in this setting. Log those under the Exercise tab. Eat back all or most of your extra earned calories.

Are you getting enough sleep every night (6-8 hours)?

Be patient and stick with it. Best of luck!
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options

My thoughts

You are smoking hot.

Best reply for you to read
  • Aleciarose123
    Options
    I havent been using a scale, but have been logging total calories for everything pretty accurately. I also have been underestimating my calories burned through excercising and probably overestimating my calories consumed. The only thing that I can come up with is that I am possible eating too few calories. I am just scared to up it, since I am already not seeing results.
  • Aleciarose123
    Options

My thoughts

You are smoking hot.

Hahaha. I missed that one! awww thank you :)

Best reply for you to read
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    give it time. You have 10 lbs to lose!! My scale hasn't moved in a month and I have near 100. Just chill.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    EIGHT days......:sad: :yawn:
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    welcome to getting older...

We can't see what you are eating.
    We can't see what exercise you are doing.
    You have very little to lose, that makes it more dificult.
    We don't know if your expectations are realistic...ie do you expect to lose the weight in a week? month?
  • FutureMrsWarby
    FutureMrsWarby Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I read your profile. you're complaining about weighing 118? You want to weigh 105-110? Come on now. depending on your height 118 is most likely healthy for you. Don't be vain.
  • Amandakaye03
    Amandakaye03 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try to up your calories by just a little bit. It sounds to me if you are working out and under your calorie goal every day you are not eating enough. Also, make sure you are eating your protein and getting in all your water. You should be consuming half your body weight in water every day! :) Good Luck
  • Greg3705
    Greg3705 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Try read Jillian's making the cut her approach to taking off the last 10 lbs. I have not personally read but she promotes it all the time on her pod cast. when I am down to 10-20 lbs left then I can borrow it from you.
  • Aleciarose123
    Options
    I understand that it has only been 8 days and that I should give it more time. I guess I am just being impatient. Like I said, Im just not used to my slowing metabolism bc I used to drop weight with no problem when I was a little bit younger.