Dragon Con is a good motivation, right?

Options
Just popping in to say hello. I joined about a month ago at the suggestion of some friends (I had previously been using another tracker site) and I must say I like what I'm seeing so far.

A little about me, Im 44, diabetic and overweight. I was diagnosed in 2008 and managed to lose 30 pounds after going on meds and changing my diet. I'm sure Im not the only one that was "really good" when they first found out they were diabetic, but over the years I've gotten slack...a lot of it is feeling defeated that I plateaued at the 30 pounds, (this left me bouncing around between 215-225)

2 things have instigated the renewed interest in losing weight...#1 Levi's doesnt seem to make a size 18 pair of straight leg jeans anymore and Dragon Con this year wore me out....I spent more time just sitting and watching people (and feeling frumpy) that out and about and "doing".

So...I'd like to get back into the stacks of levi's I have in my "2nd" closet and I'd like to be able to wear a costume to Dragon Con in 2013 :) (AND I'd like to be able to wear my wedding ring again)

I'm just your average person, grew up in the south, I have a 19 year old daughter and a husband I adore....Genealogy is my passion in life, but my "real" job is as a quality manager for a forensic engineering company.

I look forward to making new friends and staying motivated.

Replies

• leigaia
    leigaia Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Did you get to go to con?? It is so awesome! That was my motivation the year before for really getting into losing weight. Then this year I slacked off so I am looking for DragonCon peeps who are motivated to lose for DC 2014!
  • concettaannperry
    Options
    What is Dragon Con? :blushing:
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Yes!

This morning I just signed up for a nekkid photoshoot. There is my motivation right there.
  • AegisAngel
    Options
    I love going to the conventions! I've been to Mega Con several times. Lots of fun to see all the anime and sci-fi costumes. I don't cosplay but I love to go there and take pictures of people who do. I've heard Dragon Con is pretty awesome.
  • samammay
    Options
    Try this for motivation... buy/make your costume in the size you want to be. Fit in it for the Con. :)