Fast Food Favs

Options
My family is sick of going to Wendy's as I always order the large chili with extra onions. Please share your safe "go to" fast food favs. Most fast food chains offer salads but I do not want to eat a salad when I eat them so often at home.

Replies

• BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    A couple fresco chicken taco's from Taco Bell will run you about 300 calories. If you have Au Bon Pain, they have a lot of soups that make it in relatively low cal. The six inch subs from Subway, as long as you don't goop them up with cheese and fatty dressing. KFC 2 piece grilled meal with green beans and corn for your sides, and give away the biscuit has a decent calorie profile.

Um. McD's is pretty well off the map for me anymore, as is Burger King. Honestly, the majority of sit down places are as well. The portions are just too big. The sodium count for just about everything eaten in fast food is astronomical though. It's so easy to triple your recommended sodium intake, even if the calories are relatively normal.
  • chickenz
    chickenz Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Burger king has the tender grill sandwich (grilled chicken) and the veggie burger. Just make sure you order them without mayo. As for Wendy's I usually rotate the chili, baked potato and their grilled chicken sandwich (no mayo)
  • mrguse
    mrguse Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Can I suggest Eat This, Not That? Google it. Some food is a bit out-of-date, but it can be a life-saver.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    My family is sick of going to Wendy's as I always order the large chili with extra onions.

Erm, why do they care what you order for yourself? They can eat what they like, why can't you?
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Chick fila has a great grilled chicken sandwich which is about 250 cal--delicioius :)
    Also love taco bell fresca chicken soft tacs and black bean burrito
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I don't really eat fast food, but I do get stuck going to chain restaurants when I visit my Mom.

At the 99 Restaurant and Pub, I always get the Mushroom Bleu Sirloin. Basically, it's a 6 oz sirloin steak with mushrooms and bleu cheese, comes with a roasted tomato and broccoli ( I swap the broccoli for grilled asparagus as I hate broccoli).

Calories: 420; Carbs: 12; Fat: 19; Protein: 51; Sodium: 780; Fiber: 5.

At Panera Bread, I get the Asiago Roast Beef Sandwich and eat half, no sides.
    Calories: 355; Carbs: 29; Fat: 16; Protein: 25; Sodium: 655; Fiber: 2.

At Applebee's, I get the Weight Watchers Creamy Parmesan Chicken.
    Calories: 470; Carbs: 35; Fat: 13; Protein: 55; Sodium: 1510; Fiber: 3.