What is the BEST fitness tracker??

Options
Hey, I am very interested in purchasing a fitness tracker but there are plenty to choose from and I am a bit confused will anyone help me out w/ some suggestions.....

Replies

• spoppe
    spoppe Posts: 11
    Options
    i wuld like thoughts on this as well, bodybugg, fitbit, nike fuel band, i dont know which way to go
  • orcaman42
    orcaman42 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is what I’m running into as well… they all have their own way of doing things. Most seem to be revved up pedometers, but the moment you want something simple like a heart rate monitor / pulse monitor (the traditional way to work out if you don’t remember from gym class) many seem to bug out. :( The revved up pedometers like fitbit claim the impossible of calculating calories burned by counting how much it gets shaken as you wear it. While a heart rate monitor goes into the hundreds of dollars. :( I don’t “need” a web based interface, but I’d like to be able to track something through bluetooth in real time? Body Media seems to have a poor track record after their warranty is up & want to charge for online tracking, but ultimately doesn’t reveal heart rate. instead it “claims” it’s a class 2 med device but can’t give you a heart rate. They seem to be using a pair of sensors that measure skin surface temp & pedometer. (Neither are really effective at counting calorie burns.) Who needs a wifi enabled scale when I can read it on my own? LOL I think I’ll go ahead & start on my kettle bell order & hold off on the tracker until I find something that’s accurate?
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I have a heart rate monitor (polar FT60 $125) for when I am actually engaging in fitness activities and a fitbit ($90) for my day to day living. The Fitbit One does pretty good for motivating me to keep up with my steps. It does a great job for calculating my cals burned based on my movements.

The only thing I know about the body media is that there is a subscription fee to use it. And it seems a bit big to wear on your arm 24/7. No sleeveless tops/dresses unless you want the world to see the the device.

I think the jawbone only works with Iphone and since I am an android user, that just wont do.
  • Chairlaydee
    Options
    I had the Bodybugg and really loved it. I recently bought the BodyMedia because it had more features such as tracking your sleep. It comes with a free 6 month subscription and I think you can link it your myfitnesspal account (have to read uo on this). Unfortunately, if your wear short sleeves you can see it. Was not a problem in colder months, but summer is tough. May switch over to FitBit after my subcription expires!. Hope this helps.