Adjusted Goal from 2 lb Loss to 1 lb Loss

Options
I only gained 30 calories!! What the?

Seriously, I was thinking, maybe I need to add a few cals to my diets since I am close to my goal, and only 5 lbs from the weight I was through junior high and high school. I don't get much skinnier than that without losing muscle mass, so I thought I would up my calorie intake. Lo and behold, it gives me only 30 cals to work with. What gives?

Replies

• KDHILSON
    Options
    bump. anyone? :yawn:
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    What did you put for your activity level? It does seem odd but if you put sedentary, that would likely explain it.
  • KDHILSON
    Options
    My activity level is sedentary because my job is just that. I am a secretary. My gym work is very opposity of my job and I thought leaving my job as it is would help to reflect that. Would I gain more calories if I change my activity level? How does that affect everything else?
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Did your goal of 2lb loss set at 1200 calories? There's the default minimum calories that MFP will recommend, so even though you put in a goal of 2lbs per week, it might have only really been 1.5lbs.

If you are losing 2lbs per week and want to slow it down, I'd suggest just upping your calories gradually, and monitor your progress.