STRENGTH TRAINING CALORIES BURNED???

Options
QUESTION: HOW COME CARDIO HAS CALORIES BURNED LISTED, BUT STRENGTH TRAINING DOES NOT? I UNDERSTAND THAT IT DOESN'T BURN AS MUCH, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SOME IDEA AS IT IS SHOWN IN THE CARDIO OF A CALORIE BURN. CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THIS OR AT LEAST GIVE ME SOME IDEA WHAT I CAN ESTIMATE WHEN DOING STRENGTH TRAINING? I DID 45 MINUTES OF SHOULDERS AND ARMS (P90X) - I HAD TO HAVE BURNED SOMETHING??

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP/ADIVCE IN ADVANCE. :wink:

CHEERS!

CASEY

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Under cardio search for Strength training and it will show your cals burned. P90x could be entered in as curcuit training which burns more than regular strength training.
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    The reason is that calories burned during strength training has too many variables that differ from person to person and the results from strength training can last hours after exercise is complete. Therefore they don't put it in there automatically. You can get a rough estimate with a HRM... but even this can be inaccurate.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    ...and don't underestimate your hard work! Strength training is an excellent calorie burner! You just need cardio and strength (and flexibility) training for optimum fitness.

Congrats on P90X upper body!! :flowerforyou:
  • caseyschmidt
    Options
    Thank you for your advice. I will try the HRM and see. I just was curious if there was something to base it off of. Thought I might get lucky and find an estimate. I just started the PX90...I love it!

PS: I just found this site, probably not the most accurate, but an idea possibly. I understand I should take effort put into the weight training etc

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calories_burned.htm