GEEZERS GROUP

Options
Welcome to the GEEZERS GROUP!!!
This group is for those of us that need to lose 100 pounds or more! Thanks to Margh for the idea on the name!

We will post our weekly weigh in every friday. Your choice as to if you want to put your starting weight, current weight, and goal weight on your post. Also post how many pounds you gained or lost during that week and if its gained tell us why you think you gained or maybe you gained muscle!

Good luck everyone! Let's support one another thru this life changing event!

Name: Debi
Started my NEW LIFE 1/8/2010
Starting Weight: 293.7lbs
Current Weight: 287.7lbs
Goal Weight: As close to 150 that I can get

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    .............so...............GEEZERS to me means "funny old people" :laugh: :laugh:

What does your GEEZERS name mean? Since I'm a funny old person - - I thought this thread was for Me :love: :frown: :ohwell:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    oOh! Good luck to you all!

I love to see new groups form with like-minded goals. This is a great site with awesome members. I wish you much success!

cheerleader3.gif
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    GEEZERS is for 100 plus pound weight loss goal... But Margh said that it was kind of like Geezers, as in old people, like 100 plus years old. So we are the weight geezers!!!!!! I thought it was cute!!!!:laugh:
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    .............so...............GEEZERS to me means "funny old people" :laugh: :laugh:

What does your GEEZERS name mean? Since I'm a funny old person - - I thought this thread was for Me :love: :frown: :ohwell:

Hey! I resemble that remark! :laugh:
  • mroper
    mroper Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Name: Mendy
    Starting Weight: 273 lbs
    Current Weight: 257.5 lbs
    Goal Weight: 150ish. Or the healthiest weight I can reach.

Im very excited about this group. Im like a sponge at the moment...absorbing as much information as I can to help me change my lifestyle to a healthier one. Cant wait to share info and experiences with those who have similar goals and hurdles.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    GEEZERS is for 100 plus pound weight loss goal... But Margh said that it was kind of like Geezers, as in old people, like 100 plus years old. So we are the weight geezers!!!!!! I thought it was cute!!!!:laugh:

AHA! I love it! It is cute. May we all live to be GEEZERS. Old and healthy.

.............so...............GEEZERS to me means "funny old people"

What does your GEEZERS name mean? Since I'm a funny old person - - I thought this thread was for Me

Hey! I resemble that remark!

me too! tee hee. :tongue: :wink:
  • Bernadette69
    Options
    I clicked on this because I'm a funny old person too. Got excited because its hard for us old people to lose weight and we need all the support we can get!
    Good luck to all of you. Great to see you working together.
    Now for all you old people out there, add me if you need a weight loss buddy! :wink:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    I clicked on this because I'm a funny old person too. Got excited because its hard for us old people to lose weight and we need all the support we can get!
    Good luck to all of you. Great to see you working together.
    Now for all you old people out there, add me if you need a weight loss buddy! :wink:

Senior Golden Sneakers and Women Ages 50+ are two great groups for some of us "youthful old geezers" who want a bunch of friends to support and encourage us.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    :laugh:

sdwelk11

You are going to have a nice new group of "mature" friends!
  • mroper
    Options
    You may have to edit the name of this topic to say GEEZER GROUP (aka 100+) Hehe. Not that we dont want funny older people in the group but just to clarify the group. :happy:
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    :laugh:

sdwelk11

You are going to have a nice new group of "mature" friends!

Who said anything about being "mature"? :laugh: "Aged" (like fine wine) :wink: is more appropriate.
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    My starting weight was 262
    My current weight was 233
    We'll see for friday:drinker:
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    My starting weight was 292.8
    My current weight is 285.4
    My goal weight is 145
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    Just checking in to see how the week is going for everyone! Hope you are having a good week and don't forget weigh in day is Friday!:happy:
  • Arienna
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a happy hump day!
  • mroper
    Options
    Weigh in tomorrow :wink: Lets hope we did well this week and all of our hard work paid off. :bigsmile:
  • Arienna
    Options
    I'm sure we'll have great results!!
  • Arienna
    Options
    First weigh in tomorrow, more ppl need to be more active here! lol
  • Arienna
    Options
    From Tuesday 1/19 till today 1/22 I lost 2.2 lbs

SW 285.4
    CW 283.2
  • mroper
    Options
    From Tuesday 1/19 till today 1/22 I lost 0.5 lbs.
    SW: 257.5 CW: 257

Half a pound...:indifferent: Well at least the scale went down instead of up. But I shouldnt be surprised. I slacked off on my exercising...:frown: Gotta get it in gear for next weeks weigh in!!!