New Rules of Lifting for Women

Options
I want to start lifting heavier weights. Will this program help me?

Replies

• Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I love it and there is a group on here for it. I am on the last workout of Stage 2 tonight.
  • jhigg11
    jhigg11 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    thank you. I will have to join.
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    excellent book that dispels many of the myths surrounding women+weights.
  • Myslissa
    Options
    You are most welcome. Feel free to add me if you like. I will try to answer the questions I know about.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I haven't started yet, only because I don't have access to weights, but I've read the book. I think it's a great program, and I think the book is very well written so that it makes it easy for non-lifters to understand.
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    I am thinking I want to start this myself. I guess the first step is getting the book!! :-)

GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • Myslissa
    Options
    I am thinking I want to start this myself. I guess the first step is getting the book!! :-)

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Do it my friend...it tightens things up all over. I do it at home with free weights.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    OMG YES but you have to read it- you cant do like all the losers and skip to the workouts and diet ideas in the back. Its the reading portion that really changes you and gets you ready for the last third of the book!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    good program but i prefer strong lifts and starting strength for even better strength gains.

after a certain stage NROL4W gets a bit too cutesy with their exercises so you spend more time trying to balance on one leg than getting stronger
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    OMG YES but you have to read it- you cant do like all the losers and skip to the workouts and diet ideas in the back. Its the reading portion that really changes you and gets you ready for the last third of the book!

^^ So true!

Which is why I went ahead and read the book even though I am not going to start lifting right away! There is a LOT of great information in Part One.