My worst feature - hips

Options
I can't find a better way to say this - they're all fatty :(:(:(

What's the best way to get rid of fat around hips?

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Hard intense cardio, you need to be sweating A LOT... also strength training like wide squats and lunges will help to tone the area especially since you only have 10 pounds to go you probably should focus on toning.... good luck!

~Leash :heart:
  • Isabelle
    Isabelle Posts: 102
    Options
    Well...if this picture is yours, I don't see any fat!!!!!!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Exercise.
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    I WISH that was me haha! It's my goal to look like that :)

and thanks alicia :)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you cannot spot reduce. You will have to burn more calories then you take in over time and do total body resistance training to tone. It is a matter of genetics on where the weight comes off first, but if you keep loosing it will eventually come off the hips as well as everywhere else.
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    Hard intense cardio, you need to be sweating A LOT... also strength training like wide squats and lunges will help to tone the area especially since you only have 10 pounds to go you probably should focus on toning.... good luck!

quite true ive done this for a week and ive seen results good luck :flowerforyou:
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Let me start off saying, I understand!! My hips/ thighs are so disproportional to the rest of my body.

You can't 'spot reduce' fat. You body will lose layers of fat as it was put on, meaning the largest stores of fat will be the last to go. The best thing you can do is to have a balance of weight training and cardio workouts. The cardio will allow your body to burn calories while the strength training will not only burn calories but tone your muscles and allow you to burn more calories even while you are not working out.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options

EXACTLY!!!! Mine are shrinking, thank goodness, but there for a while I thought they were going to STAY FAT... They aren't where I want them to be, by far, but I do see a difference in them.. I do intense cardio Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday ... I also go to a BRUTAL legs, butt and Abs class at my gym and I am doing 30 day shred... just to give you an idea :smile:
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I need to get off my baby belly..... My baby is six years old. I think the extra weight just accumulated around my middle, having five kids must ave weakened those muscles. Time to get them back in shape! Good luck onh those hips and getting to your goal look!! :smile:
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    I need to get off my baby belly..... My baby is six years old. I think the extra weight just accumulated around my middle, having five kids must ave weakened those muscles. Time to get them back in shape! Good luck onh those hips and getting to your goal look!! :smile:

Me too...my baby is four years old! I know that the 3 pregancies and 4 babies that I have had have a lot to do with not being able to lose certain areas. My obgyn told me that due to my csections some areas of my stomach will never get back to "normal" - happy thought huh? Oh well, my 4 kids are my badge to wear proudly! I can still be thin, tone and healthy!