wants strength training....no equipment. HELP

Options
2»

Replies

• Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    With no weights to use for resistance you can't really do real strength training

Huh? Well I grant you will never look like Mr Universe but most folks don't have that goal in mind. If you are wanting to find out just how strong you can be without resorting to dumbells, barbells, machines and gyms, you ca use your own bodyweight to develop a great deal of real strength.

Pressups, Pull ups, Chins and Chair Dips, many Abdominal exercises - the list goes on.

Yoga itself will develop great internal health and muscular strength without using any weights but your own body.

It depends on what you are calling "real strength"
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Lunges are great, because they use your body's own weight and strengthen your thighs while improving balance. Look into free yoga videos on YouTube, or something like the 100 squat challenge. Also, I do DDPYoga (which is expensive for you) but there's a slow-burn pushup you can do, which is basically counting to 3 (or 10) while slowly moving with control from the up to the down pushup position. Basically, use your body's own weight as resistance, or some makeshift things you have around the house. My wife sometimes uses the cat in place of a kettlebell! :)
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    With no weights to use for resistance you can't really do real strength training

Huh? Well I grant you will never look like Mr Universe but most folks don't have that goal in mind. If you are wanting to find out just how strong you can be without resorting to dumbells, barbells, machines and gyms, you ca use your own bodyweight to develop a great deal of real strength.

Pressups, Pull ups, Chins and Chair Dips, many Abdominal exercises - the list goes on.

Yoga itself will develop great internal health and muscular strength without using any weights but your own body.

It depends on what you are calling "real strength"

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Strength+training

That is why I mentioned using body weight programs as you pointed out in response to what I said...