What shoulkd i eat for quick energy?

Options
I have an audition today to teach zumba for an hour from 4-5. Then at 5:30-6:30 I teach my normal class. What can I eat for quick energy that will not give me a side ache? Thanks!

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk, or honey, or.......if all else fails, food. But only as a last resort
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    5 hour energy
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I hear chapstick is loaded with calories.
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    Ive heard that food provides energy or was it dirt? :noway:
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Quick energy: Simple carbohydrates. In other words, refined sugar or grain products.

So you don't crash: Complex carbohydrates. Fruit and veggies.

A good mix of the two and you'll be set! Don't forget your protein!
  • lillypadstudio
    lillypadstudio Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Im so scared to try that stuff! I used to use define and it started to make me feel weird.
  • lillypadstudio
    Options
    Protein shake is a good idea
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have used Red Bull before. In fact I used it last night when I was too tired to workout and knew that I needed to just do it anyway. Also, I have used Snickers bars before, but Red Bull works better.

ETA: or a shot of espresso
  • lillypadstudio
    Options
    Red Bull is good!
    I have used Red Bull before. In fact I used it last night when I was too tired to workout and knew that I needed to just do it anyway. Also, I have used Snickers bars before, but Red Bull works better.

ETA: or a shot of espresso
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Banana and some greek yogurt.
  • lillypadstudio
    Options
    Chocolate milk would be too heavy for me but I would never think of carrying around a pooh bear jar with me. : )
    Chocolate milk, or honey, or.......if all else fails, food. But only as a last resort
  • lillypadstudio
    Options
    5 hour energy:
    Im so scared to try that stuff! I used to use define and it started to make me feel weird.
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I eat greek yogurt and some trail mix before pretty much every workout. After trial and error, its the combo that works best for me...a little protein, a little fat, complex carbs and simple carbs.
  • lillypadstudio
    Options
    I bet you remember those commercials..."my lips are sealed...with chapstick." maybe i"ll eat the rest of my princess lips gloss instead.
    I hear chapstick is loaded with calories.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Quick energy: Simple carbohydrates. In other words, refined sugar or grain products.

^This. In other words, a Snickers candy bar (good fat & protein from peanuts) and some raw veggies. Or a peanut butter sandwich. Don't worry, you'll burn it off.
  • lillypadstudio
    Options
    Mmmmm I do love snickers!

^This. In other words, a Snickers candy bar and some raw veggies. Don't worry, you'll burn it off.
  • tressatnt
    Options
    I usually eat a Nature Valley protein (peanut butter Dark chocolate) on my way to the gym if I'm going to have a heavier workout and I think it helps!
  • lillypadstudio
    Options
    Thanks everyone for taking the time out of your day to give me your input! Stay fit- Angie
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Banana and peanut butter
  • lillypadstudio
    Options
    One of my all time favorite snacks!!!!
    Banana and peanut butter