Thunder Thighs.

Twylla
Twylla Posts: 51
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
What can i do to loose the fat off my thighs, this part of my body makes me the most self concious so i think that if i can loose a couple inches off there then it will really help motivate me. I'm a runner in the making and i've been told that the running helps but is there anything else that works really well for any of you?

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    You can't spot burn fat but you can build muscle. I would do lunges, squats, pliat (plea, plie? not sure how it's spelled!) Those will help your legs. Also things like the stair climber work well.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    From what I understand, unfortunately, the thighs (particularly the inner thighs) are one of the last places to lose fat. You can certainly tone them but those toned muscles could still be hidden under fat.

As your weight creeps down, your thighs should get smaller....
  • gmvanloo
    gmvanloo Posts: 100 Member
    We all gain weight in different places and the above poster is right, you can lose fat in a specific area. But you can do leg exercises to help build some muscle which will make them thinner. Running is great for the thighs too!

But I agree, do some lunges, squats, etc . Those will help your running too.
  • Twylla
    Twylla Posts: 51
    Thank you all:) I guess it will just take some time! I'll continue doing all the things you've mentioned!
This discussion has been closed.