Dear skin stop breaking out!!!

MissKalhan
MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
I've never had big problems with acne or pimples(they are kinda same thing right?) and quite frankly I'm not a girly girl at all. I wear make up maybe twice a week and even then its just cover up and mascara. I have eczema on my face and only use all natural stuff to stop flare ups. I currently use in twice a day african red tea foaming cleanser and argan oil in the evening. I take my make up off before working out and rinse my face off when I am done. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!? :(
Any of you lovely ladies and maybe gentlemen have any ideas and tips?

Replies

• _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    I've always got at least one or two, sometimes a family of them on my chin...I've got nothing for you. I don't even wear make-up!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    I use Clinique acne treatment and I swear by it. I've fought with acne all my life. Well 10-now. I would constantly have break outs, white heads etc. Then I finally found this.

It's amazing. 3 step product wash, toner and lotion. They also have a complete line of acne foundations that work AMAZINGLY well too. I use the spot treatment and then a regular Clinique foundation and I have not had a problem in 2 months. I also have very sensitive skin and have no problems with irritation from using this.

I absolutely know how frustrating that can be. Good luck!
  • I would think the argan oil would clog your pores and cause breakouts.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    I have suddenly turned into a prepubescent teen as well. Not sure why this happened. I've just started eliminating things from my diet, specifically some vitamins that had biotin in them because it seems that my issue started happening around the time I started taking them. This past week I bought some raw honey and I've been using that on my face. I've tried all those acne treatments: proactive (regular and generic) and other face washes etc. and nothing seems to work.

I've never been the kind of person who needed makeup and now I feel the need to wear it because of my break outs. I hate it.
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    At night, I use a product called Pure Facial Moisure - Balalncing. It's by Suki. It is an oil that I put on at night and has completely eliminated breakouts.
    The difference between oils (good ones) and creams, is that creams tend to sit on the surface of the skin and clog pores while oils (good ones), mimic your skins natural oils and are absorbed. I know it sounds counter-intuitive but it makes sense when you understand skin composition.
    Suki is a great line. Most of the products are organic and food-grade (no chemical garbage). BUT, it's pretty spendy. For me, I feel that it saves me in the end, because my skin is dark, so after a break-out I have scars.
    You can find the proucts at Whole Foods or on-line.

Hope this helps!
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Same here, Murad has helped in the past, but I'm broke. Right now I'm trying some Olay exfoliating stuff. I like it, but haven't used it long enough to tell you if it works. I can tell you that my acne problem always gets worse around TOM and it started when I began losing weight. When I fell off the wagon that one time, it got better, when I started losing again it got worse. I've read that it's your body releasing toxins in the fat, but I'm not sure if that's really to blame.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    I had the same issue and I think it may have been my bodies way of getting used to all the good and getting rid of all the crap, as long as I take a shower after exercising I am fine, I have also noticed drinking water with cucumber slices has helped my skin TONS.Good luck doll!