Anyone else trying to lose weight for baby?

Options
My weight loss goals have recently shifted to getting healthy enough to start trying for a baby! I'm currently around 220 and I want to get to 150 before we start trying. Anyone else have the same baby driven goals? Feel free to add me!

Replies

• Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Long term, being healthy for a baby is definitely a goal of mine! I want to be as fit and healthy before becoming pregnant as possible.
  • Queen_Adrock
    Queen_Adrock Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Me! I've lost enough that I'm borderline healthy BMI, so anything that happens from here on out is fair game. I just wonder how it'll work if I lose a lot of weight and then gain it back once I get pregnant. What kind of burden will the fluctuations have on my poor skin and elasticity? Hmm.
  • klynnshuck
    klynnshuck Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Right there with you! Friend request sent.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Yes def with ya on that doll! I think If I didn't have that motivation I would not have been this successful...well maybe ha!
  • churchy9482
    Options
    Yes - we want to try for baby as well but I need to be much more healthy (weight wise) than I am today. Good luck with your weight loss and happy trying!
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    I want to be healthier and in shape before having another. I would like to be at my ideal look beforehand.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    This was me at this time last year! I started at 239, got down to 201 and plateaued for about 6 months. Ultimately, I was putting a lot of pressure on myself to lose weight prior to getting pregnant, which made it a bit harder for me. So, my husband and I decided to go ahead and TTC and we're currently 26 weeks along.

I think it's WONDERFUL you want to get healthy prior to TTC - MFP is a great place to learn good habits prior to getting pregnant. I just wish I hadn't put so much pressure on a specific number that I wanted to be before TTC.

Best of luck, and feel free to friend me if you'd like :)
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am excited there are so many others out there with the same goals! This is going to be awesome having so much support!!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    When I'd first started back in January, I'd recently had a miscarriage and having PCOS one of my difficulties is conceiving at all so it came as a HUGE shock to learn I'd been pregnant in the first place. I'd been able to have my daughter with the help of a fantastic group of Doctors at an IVF clinic with drugs and monitoring. It took a few months of their assistance but I was able to get pregnant the "old fashion way". :drinker:

That second pregnancy and miscarriage broke my heart. We'd wanted another child but couldn't afford to get the treatments again so we were neither trying nor avoiding pregnancy. I'd gained too much weight and weight affects my reproductive system. Since I've lost 25+ lbs my body has become much more reliable, healthier and dependable. Still no baby but I'm in no rush.

I have a 3 year old daughter and she WILL have a sibling. I don't know when but it will happen. My having a healthier body, attitude and mindset will help me/us with all of that.

Until then, I 'm here to look good nekkid and be all that I can be!
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    sort of. With my first I was 205 when I got pregnant and made it all the way up to 242 before giving birth. We are most likely going to have one more and I would like to be down to at least 170 before getting pregnant again. The last pregnancy and delivery was really hard on me because I was so out of shape. I would like to be able to be full term and under 200 pounds at the very least this time around ( if it happens that is)

Edited to add: I'd also like for my labour to take less than 3 days, and I'm being serious, 3 whole days, 68 hours to be exact.
  • aoelmann
    Options
    I am currently doing this. At my last appointment with my doctor we were discussing getting pregnant as my husband and I will be trying in April. She stated that lowering my BMI would make my fertility higher giving me a better chance of a quicker conception. So with that being said I have just recently set a 30 pound goal for myself by the 10th of March. This is in no way my end goal but she said just this much would greatly increase my odds by putting my BMI at a better number. She also mentioned that I should be in "maintenance" mood for a month before we start trying so that my body is putting energy back into fertility and not into weight loss. I am here to support you all :)
  • snowdrop_diva
    snowdrop_diva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    It's on my list of reasons to get healthier. :smile:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I lost weight for myself but now that my husband and I are wanting to try for a baby I've decided to lose another few pounds so there will be less weight on my joints. I have lupus so the pregnancy will be high risk anyway, I figure I should make it as healthy as possible. :)
  • stephiegirl1215
    Options
    Absolutely! I'm 224 and want to get to 160 before we start trying! Definitely adding you :)
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be healthy before getting pregnant again. So I'm going for healthier in general as good motivation with future babies as the cherry on top :)
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Had my daughter in 2008. Was a little heavier than I wanted but it was unplanned.
    Now she's 4, I was in the best shape of my life last year...but due to meds I gained it all back.

We are debating on number 2. But regardless I'm only 24 (going on 25...) and I want to be in the best shape with or without a baby. My body will bounce back faster if I'm already fit before another pregnancy, if we decide that route.
  • MADCITYOBEE
    MADCITYOBEE Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This was me before I got pregnant with my daughter. She is now almost 2. I went from 190lbs to 150lbs, got pregnant, gained a lot of weight (50lbs). Got down to 170 without "trying" . Now Trying to get back down to 150 and hopefully have another child. So I am right here with you!
  • amykff
    amykff Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi :smile: im in the same position! im looking to lose another 24lbs and hoping to get pregnant!! would love to meet some women in the same place too im sure we could all help each other out!!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Have had 4 babies(they are 8,7,2, and 1 next week). I was 130 when I got pregnant the first time and gained 68lbs. Lost it once I was done breastfeeding( hate those ladies who lose while nursing.lol). was 130 with our 2nd baby and gained 63lbs. Again, I lost it after nursing. I had a miscarriage between baby 2 & 3 and gained 30lbs. Never lost the weight and went from 163lbs up to 202lbs while pregnant with baby #3. Lost some of the weight after nursing her, but got pregnant with our "surprise" baby. Was 172lbs when I got pregnant with our last and went up to 213. Was 200-202lbs until August. I worked out during my 1st 2 pregnancies and had really easy labors(less than 4hrs) and only took 10-15mins to push them out. I didn't workout with my last two(well, not like the previous 2). I only walked here and there. Labor took 8-9hrs with them....still only pushed a few times. Getting healthy is key for a great pregnancy and for labor/delivery. I don't know if there is a "magic" number to be at weight wise, but def think exercise helps. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    after having my 2nd baby I gained a lot and then my dad passed and I am at my all time high. I want to get to at least 180 because me and my husband want one more and I really dont want to be heavy when I am pregnant for my health and the babys :) I had an easy pregnancy when I was 170 pounds and with my son I started at 242 and I was sick a lot of the pregnancy and down right misrable. I want to enjoy my pregnancy like I did the first time!