Should I stop?

Options

Replies

• XMan714
    XMan714 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Simple answer. You work out a lot and don't eat enough. Your complete daily activity of eating and exercising should allow you to end up at zero to slightly in the negative. This will allow you to safely lose weight (if that's your goal) or maintain a healthy weight. Reading through the comments, I agree you're ideal weight for your height and age should be higher than where you currently are. I won't give a number because then it might force you to take drastic changes to achieve a number. If you're losing more than 3% of weight in water per day, then you're dehydrating.

Please adjust your diet and exercise program, and most of all find balance in your mind as well. Health is mind, body, and soul.
  • crystelnicole
    Options
    Pregnant maybe? Those sound like pretty typical pregnancy symptoms, especially the nausea with eating.

I usually never throw up and I keep throwing up water (wtf?) these past few days.. :/

Well, have you been sexually active in the past month and did you use protection during that time?

Yes and no.. :/
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I used to never feel like I was starving myself... it's been 2 weeks now that I have that feeling.
    I don't eat a lot but gain weight... I don't understand.

People with eating disorders typically do not feel like they are starving themselves, that's a major component of the "disorder" part.

You are probably gaining due to excessive hormonal imbalances due to eating little and exercising a lot. It is causing extreme stress on your body. Stress can also eliminate apatite.

So... Should I stop burning that much (maybe like only 300 per day) and eating more for a few weeks to see any results?

Yes. Plus... how tall are you? According to your profile, you probably weigh too little already.

I am 5'2.

You should weigh no less than 105... and probably closer to 130. Anywhere between that range. It may take a while, even after changing, to see results... at least now. Your body is not going to trust the food you are feeding yourself for a while, until it starts getting comfortable with what you need to start eating.

130lbs is too heavy for an 18 yo girl who is 5'2"...just saying. Prolly between 110 and 120 would be about right.

OP, I didn't look at your diary, but I would say you are really eating far too few calories. I would stay active, but you need to eat at least 1800 a day. And I would definatley make it as healthy and clean as you can. I also think it would be a good idea to see your doctor, there could be other things going on...I know I was diagnosed with my hypothyroid condition when I was 20yo...so there could be something else going on with the dizziness and nausea.

I am 5'2" and 130 pounds right now and I am not toooo heavy. I feel just right. :)

I def agree that you should be anywhere between 110-130 pounds if you want to be healthy. Eat more and once your body adapts to you feeding it your body will start working like it should. You can do it!
  • Kitsada
    Kitsada Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Okay... get off the internet, go to store, and get a pregnancy test, so you know what you're dealing with.

Pregnant or not, call your doctor tomorrow and see if you can get in and see them, if you're feeling so unwell.

Then, when you've consulted with your doctor, and you know whether you're pregnant or not, decide what you should do with your eating and exercise.

Good luck
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options
    Pregnant maybe? Those sound like pretty typical pregnancy symptoms, especially the nausea with eating.

I usually never throw up and I keep throwing up water (wtf?) these past few days.. :/

Time to pee on a stick!
  • crystelnicole
    Options
    Listen to the doctor...1500 calories a day. Am I reading this right? You are 94-97 pounds? If so, I would say you have an eating disorder. Eat the 1500 calories a day!! Anything high portein.

Just had hard moments in the past last year...
  • crystelnicole
    Options

Time to pee on a stick!

ahahahhaha
  • crystelnicole
    Options
    Okay... get off the internet, go to store, and get a pregnancy test, so you know what you're dealing with.

Pregnant or not, call your doctor tomorrow and see if you can get in and see them, if you're feeling so unwell.

Then, when you've consulted with your doctor, and you know whether you're pregnant or not, decide what you should do with your eating and exercise.

Good luck

I'm seeing my doctor on october 24th.
    I'll try to go pick up a pregnancy test as soon as possible. Thanks!
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Speaking from experience, you also need a pregnancy test with those symptoms...

This^
  • crystelnicole
    Options
    I used to never feel like I was starving myself... it's been 2 weeks now that I have that feeling.

People with eating disorders typically do not feel like they are starving themselves, that's a major component of the "disorder" part.

You are probably gaining due to excessive hormonal imbalances due to eating little and exercising a lot. It is causing extreme stress on your body. Stress can also eliminate apatite.

So... Should I stop burning that much (maybe like only 300 per day) and eating more for a few weeks to see any results?

Yes. Plus... how tall are you? According to your profile, you probably weigh too little already.

I am 5'2.

You should weigh no less than 105... and probably closer to 130. Anywhere between that range. It may take a while, even after changing, to see results... at least now. Your body is not going to trust the food you are feeding yourself for a while, until it starts getting comfortable with what you need to start eating.

130lbs is too heavy for an 18 yo girl who is 5'2"...just saying. Prolly between 110 and 120 would be about right.

OP, I didn't look at your diary, but I would say you are really eating far too few calories. I would stay active, but you need to eat at least 1800 a day. And I would definatley make it as healthy and clean as you can. I also think it would be a good idea to see your doctor, there could be other things going on...I know I was diagnosed with my hypothyroid condition when I was 20yo...so there could be something else going on with the dizziness and nausea.

I had a blood test one month ago and I have little hypothyroid condition, but VERY mini little. ahah
    My doctor told me to eat at least 1,500 calories a day and weight around 110lbs
    (I am 94-97lbs)

Well, without a doubt, you need to listen to your doctor. Only 2 medium meals a day is more than likely NOT giving you that 1500 calories. And, at that weight, you definitely should be gaining.

MFP tells me to eat 1700 to maintain...
  • GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Listen to the doctor...1500 calories a day. Am I reading this right? You are 94-97 pounds? If so, I would say you have an eating disorder. Eat the 1500 calories a day!! Anything high portein.

Just had hard moments in the past last year...

Hard moments or not, you need to take care of yourself. Eating has to be a priority. Your health has to be a priority. Take care of you first.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

Well, have you been sexually active in the past month and did you use protection during that time?

Well, that could be it then. I suggest getting a pregnancy test ASAP and taking it. A very foolish thing to do, but I'm sure you know that, so no lectures from me. If you're not pregnant though, at least go to your doctor and see what's going on.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Ok I don't normally weigh in on these "omg you're not eating 1200 cals blah blah" crazy threads because everyone is different. But 2 things.

1)take a pregnancy test just in case. Especially given your circumstances

2)Honey you said on your profile you have a fear of gaining weight. And I looked at your pictures and while you are absolutely GORGEOUS I think you are on the unhealthy side and at the beginning end of an eating disorder. You did amazing and dropped a ton of weight and sometimes the emotional side effect of that means you go so far the other way. Exersise addiction is a real thing as well and it all comes from that insecurity from being heavier at one point.

You are gorgeous and I think no matter what you should see a dr (just a general practitioner) and just mention your thoughts. They can tell you if you're thinking is ok, or if they would reccomend a consultation with a therapist.
  • krmc1963
    krmc1963 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If this is a new symptom for you, you do not have a disorder. If it is ongoing and you are obsessed with working out and refusing to eat or intentionally not eating, you may have an underlying disorder which needs to be addressed by health professionals. However, if you are just trying to cut back and not eat as much in order to lose more weight, you need to know when your body does not get ENOUGH nutrition it will go into starvation mode and start hoarding calories and you will NOT lose weight. You needs to eat five to six small healthy meals each day and exercise moderately. Your calorie intake should NEVER drop under 1200 calories or you will NOT lose weight. I am an RN, so please take me seriously if you need to see a doc about this or not.
  • crystelnicole
    Options
    Ok I don't normally weigh in on these "omg you're not eating 1200 cals blah blah" crazy threads because everyone is different. But 2 things.

1)take a pregnancy test just in case. Especially given your circumstances

2)Honey you said on your profile you have a fear of gaining weight. And I looked at your pictures and while you are absolutely GORGEOUS I think you are on the unhealthy side and at the beginning end of an eating disorder. You did amazing and dropped a ton of weight and sometimes the emotional side effect of that means you go so far the other way. Exersise addiction is a real thing as well and it all comes from that insecurity from being heavier at one point.

You are gorgeous and I think no matter what you should see a dr (just a general practitioner) and just mention your thoughts. They can tell you if you're thinking is ok, or if they would reccomend a consultation with a therapist.

I am professionally diagnosticated with nervous depression and pocrescophobia, I have to admit it's kinda hard for me to mind myself to gain again with all the progress I did.... Thanks girl!!
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options

Good luck

I'm seeing my doctor on october 24th.
    I'll try to go pick up a pregnancy test as soon as possible. Thanks!

Good job! Way to take a step in the right direction. Now if you are preggers.... you will REALLY have to start eating more and being healthy. And when you doc tells you to do something, DO IT WOMAN!! :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options

preggo......
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

I am 5'2.

I had a blood test one month ago and I have little hypothyroid condition, but VERY mini little. ahah
    (I am 94-97lbs)

Well, without a doubt, you need to listen to your doctor. Only 2 medium meals a day is more than likely NOT giving you that 1500 calories. And, at that weight, you definitely should be gaining.

Then eat that. Just eat healthy foods. Fruits, veggies, and lean meats (if you're not a vegetarian). Heck... I would almost recommend you eat just a few servings of something high calories and fat (like icecream) to gain a little. 94 - 97 pounds is just WAY too thin.
  • crystelnicole
    Options

I am 5'2.

(I am 94-97lbs)

Then eat that. Just eat healthy foods. Fruits, veggies, and lean meats (if you're not a vegetarian). Heck... I would almost recommend you eat just a few servings of something high calories and fat (like icecream) to gain a little. 94 - 97 pounds is just WAY too thin.

I am pescatarian (only eggs and fish) and I already only eat clean foods, I'll start to eat 1700 tomorrow! We'll see :) Thanks!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Are you still throwing up water? Are you able to keep anything down? You might be very dehydrated. If you can't keep anything down, including water, please go seek medical attention quickly. Get yourself hydrated.

Also, if you are used to eatin well below your goal, then upping it suddently might really hurt your digestion. Please up your calorie intake over the next few days.