A little disappointed

Options
So I have only been working on getting fit for two weeks, And I am super excited that I have already lost 11 lbs But I am a little discouraged that I have not seen any change at all in how my clothes fit. I mean 11 lbs is a great number! But I just don't see anything yet. How long before you guys saw any change in clothes? I am 5'4 and weighed in this week at 249 down from 260 to start.

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is a long term thing. Give it a while. Be happy that the number continues to go down! Soon the clothes will fit differently.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    The bigger sizes in clothing take more pounds to get rid of. Also, if you are losing muscle along with fat clothing sizes will change slower.
  • BluenoserChick
    BluenoserChick Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    11lbs is great! I'm 5'4" and saw a big difference from 231 - 219 -- my size 20's are really loose now. Everyone is different though. Sending a friend request. :-)
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice any change in how my clothes fit till I lost 20 pounds or more. The first 10 is mostly water weight but after the 20 mark you'll probably notice it more in your face than anything. Everyone told me my face wasn't so round anymore.
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I was down almost 25 lbs before I noticed that my pants were too big.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I have lost 20lbs in five weeks. I too get disappointed that even though I've lost a lot of weight, the next size smalelr jeans doesn't fit. I feel like I can't tell at all that I've lost any weight. You just gotta get through it and remind yourself you're changing for a lifetime not just for a week or two. I'm confident it'll catch up eventaully.

Also I'm 5'11'' so I assume I have to lose a lot more between sizes than someone shorter than me.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Be patient. 11 pounds is a lot, unfortunately when one is still big that 11 pound loss isn't as noticeable as once you are down to, say, 200. I have lost 23 pounds in 11 weeks (226 down to 203) and I really didn't notice much difference in my clothes until just recently. Now the weight loss will slow, but the smaller body size will get much more noticeable.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'm 5-4 and we started at the same weight. keep in mind that while you might be dropping weight the body needs a bit of time to actually physically shrink. I had my first stall after just over 20 pounds lost, it was during that time that the tape measure started moving and my clothes started to feel different. That seems to be the pattern for a lot of us. lose, shrink, lose but not so much at the same time. As you get closer to your goal you will find the loss happens more slowly so the shrinking seems to be more integrated into the whole process and you will notice the changes more.
  • FluffyNoMore26
    FluffyNoMore26 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have lost a total of 11 pounds so far. I only counted 5 here on MFP though shhh, don't tell anyone! But I have noticed a slight difference in the one pair of blue jeans I've been wearing for the last couple of months. It is not much but I can button them and wear them without any tugging like there used to be. Also in my face slightly I think I look slimmer. No where else yet. I know if I get to 200lbs and don't notice a difference in sizes then I am losing muscle not just fat. But I have 20lbs to go for that to happen.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    The bigger sizes in clothing take more pounds to get rid of. Also, if you are losing muscle along with fat clothing sizes will change slower.

????????????????????
  • Sarahkov12
    Sarahkov12 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I didnt notice much change until closer to 20 pounds and no one really commented that it looked like I'd lost weight until closer to 35 pounds! It is disappointing but keep it up and big changes will come! I'm sending you a friend request :)
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    It seems to happen really suddenly for me. I will be steadily losing according to the scale, and not really SEE a difference. THen all of a sudden everything is too big again. Just hang in there, it will happen!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    11 pounds in two weeks probably wasn't a ton of fat loss. More than likely only about half of that was actual fat off of your body while the rest was water weight, body waste and probably a small amount of muscle. So it's unlikely that you'd see a real physical difference from that yet.

Just keep doing what you're doing and work hard and the weight loss will eventually start to be noticeable on your body as well as the scale.
  • justmecece
    Options
    I lost 12lbs in my first week and then 5lbs my 2nd week and tomorrow I will find out how much in my 3rd week. I had a few people say that have not seen me in a while looks like I lost some weight but the people that see you everyday they will not see it as quick. I normally wear a size 26 28 and I can still wear 26 28 but I had some clothes that I bought that were size 24 and honestly for laughs and giggles I put them on and they fit...sooo after 17 lbs I can really start to see the change and it is exciting....
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I've lost 23 lbs - my clothes fit EXACTLY the same. It'll happen though - patience. Just depends on your body type. Apparently I must lose all my weight in my calves and forearms first :laugh:
  • CandyBryson
    CandyBryson Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Everyone! I forgot to mention I have been lifting weights for about 2 weeks so I can try to keep muscle while I loose weight. I am just anxious to see a difference but I need to learn to be patient.
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Just be happy that you are losing.
  • CandyBryson
    CandyBryson Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just be happy that you are losing.

Trust me I am happy that I am loosing but right now its just a abstract thing I am seeing no physical results. If feels no different, and with all the hard work I have been doing I just want to feel some sort of concrete reward. more than just digital numbers.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    It took me about 20lbs before I noticed a real difference in my clothes or appearance. Keep going - you'll get there!
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I noticed a change in the way my clothes fit when I was down about 30 pounds. At 35 lb lost, I needed to get some pants that didn't fall down all the time and was able to fit into a smaller size jeans than I have worn in years. It feels great!

I think that my original size clothing had probably gotten fairly tight on me and that is why it seemed to take such a long time to see a change in size. I had to actually "fit" my current size first.