relacore and trazodone??

bwilton77
bwilton77 Posts: 93 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I was wondering if anyone knew if there were any adverese effects to taking trazodone and relacore? My doctor just prescribed the trazodone to help me sleep and he said he didn't know of any interactions but wasn't positive. I looked online but I couldn't find anything. If there is anyone out there who knows I would really appreciate the info. Thanks.:huh:

Replies

• rlinson
    rlinson Posts: 62 Member
    Have you asked a pharmacist?
  • DownSizin
    DownSizin Posts: 150
    check with a pharmacist
  • bwilton77
    bwilton77 Posts: 93 Member
    Yes and they said they weren't aware of any interaction but didn't know much about relacore because it is all natural and not a prescription. I have been on the relacore for 4 months and have lost over 30 lbs and have more energy and am not jittery so I would really like to keep using it but am wondering if it will interact because the trazodone is an antidepressant and the relacore reduces stress and anxiety so I wondering if it will interact with each other.
  • There is a chance of interaction simply because the two both focus on depression. Its never a good idea to mix an antidepressant with an antidepressant unless you are being monitored by a doctor. Some of the side effects can be worsening of depression symptoms. Not everyone reacts the same to the mix, I was taking zoloft and herbal supplements for insomnia and deression and I ended up in the hospital. Just keep a watch and if there is a change in mood talk to your doctor.
This discussion has been closed.