half way to my goal - losing steam

Options
so I was chugging along since March, lost 50 pounds, then somewhere in Aug lost some steams (probably lots of reasons) and while I haven't gained much if any weight I have been hovering static since then (now its mid Oct). I've stopped and started the regemin a number of times (exercise and diet), and have started again this week - but I must admit I have mentally lost steam. on one had I still am getting compliments from people who haven't seen me in a while, but I still have up to maybe 50 pounds to go (maybe less) and while I know I can do it, I've worked so hard and I have more to go and its taking time and all this time I still can't do the things I want to do (like be confident in how I look and present myself) and it really wears on you, y'know? like you are waiting for life to start and it is just taking so long and who knows if it'll actually worth the wait.

sorry - had to vent - I know what I have to do - but it would be so much easier to stuff my face with nachos and beer and drown my stress. I won't thought .... it just a lot of mental strain all the time non stop though. sigh......

Replies

• lorijh72
    lorijh72 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Oh friend I'm with you in this one...I started in March , have a little more then 50 lbs. to and lost steam as well around the end of July on again off again haven't really gained much been playing with 10lbs lose it gain it or half lost is where i stand now grrrrrrrr.. So I feel your pain emotionally with the loss of gusto, with that said I know I can do and I know you can do it also, lets take the bull by the horns and fight this SOB coming out on top winning!! Good Luck with your fight!
  • cupcakesnomore
    Options
    How about resetting your ticker to 0? I did that after losing 67lbs. I kept seeing that number and thought eh, I've come so far. Do I really need to do more? Yes, yes I do. And when that ticker is a 0 staring you in the face, it made me want to see it go up. It's at 15 now. Keep on going...it'll be worth it!
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    thanks guys - yeah, I think about it in chucks. I was 265 in march, now am around 217, and my next hurdle is getting under 200. then I'll reset for like 175 - but at that point I assume it'll slow down due to being close to my end weight and I'll have to do micro tuning. man, I wish it would happen already. I was totally back on track today - I think I just need to mentally be strict and tough out the next few days - once I got in the groove last time it wasn't a big deal to sustain - but its just taking me time now (after falling off the horse) to reset. garhhh!!!! lol.