What is it with negative people? [rant]

Options

Replies

• guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm so disturbed it makes me feel good :)

I'll help someone when they have a genuine, real problem... other than that, it's in my nature to mock stupidity :D
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    And very rude!! It seems as if MFP is turning into a dating site where everybody tries to show off by looking like a bigger jack **s. Hello people use a real dating site they are free too. Met my man of 4 years on plenty of fish NOT a dieting site!!

So you met on a fishing site? Nothing wrong with people meeting on a fitness site.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    And very rude!! It seems as if MFP is turning into a dating site where everybody tries to show off by looking like a bigger jack **s. Hello people use a real dating site they are free too. Met my man of 4 years on plenty of fish NOT a dieting site!!
    At the risk of sounding negative, what pray tell does where you met your man of four years have to do with this thread?

I gotta man. Whatcho man gotta do wit me?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...to remind me to read through a bunch of people tearing apart "mean" people.

I don't really see anyone "tearing apart" mean people. It's just a discussion... I'm not saying all mean people should just go jump of a bridge because they're terrible. I just want to know why they say or do the things that they do.

I haven't actually read through the responses yet...(hate reading on my phone and the baseball game has my attention)...but if this thread doesn't have a bunch of people tearing apart people they perceive to be "mean", it will be unlike most other similarly-titled threads on MFP.
  • mnearing2000
    Options
    Yea, I hate negative people. They just piss me off.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Some of us just find it hilarious.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Ermagerd.

:heart:
    Ermagerd, lerve hernderls!

But to be serious, I think those people fall in the "tear others down to feel good" category. Usually so unhappy with their own lives they continually try to burst everyone else's bubble. I do my best to avoid those people and/or call them out on their behavior by not keeping silent. "oh my god, did you just hear the words that came out of your mouth??" You might not be able to stop them but at least make sure they have to own their own words while letting them know those words mean nothing.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I try to play nice, but I'm wired to see the dark cloud before the silver lining.
    Should I take my toys and go home?
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options

But to be serious, I think those people fall in the "tear others down to feel good" category. Usually so unhappy with their own lives they continually try to burst everyone else's bubble.

That's just what your parents tell you so you don't feel so bad.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Just remember that it's some dude/gal on the internet. They don't know you. They don't mean anything to you. Perspective goes a long way.
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    Ranting is very positive.
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    maybe thats why I'm not getting any Friend Requests. That makes sense now.

I tried to add you too but couldn't
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    It's an election year...HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh wait..dont forget that general respect is dying FAST
    lol! this!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Rum was my choice for the night....The heck with neg comments.

:heart:
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Stop being so negative about the negativity of negative people!
  • InPieces3
    InPieces3 Posts: 215
    Options
    Stop being so negative about the negativity of negative people!

^^ This. I'm not so sure I would let this really bother me. There are just miserable people everywhere. I'm constantly dealing with negative/miserable people at work...but I refuse to let that stop me from being me and doing what I do.

So really... who cares what people say? Karma usually comes back around and it will bite them in the butt eventually. I don't know...we aren't in grade school right? I'm not trying to be hateful or mean...I'm just asking why it would bother you so much? I mean so many people are like this, just focus on the positive and blow that off...they don't deserve the time of day where your emotions are concerned. :wink:
  • BubblySharon
    BubblySharon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    maybe thats why I'm not getting any Friend Requests. That makes sense now.
    Yup, I tried as well, but was told you're deactivated
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    At the risk of sounding negative, what pray tell does where you met your man of four years have to do with this thread?

fish is good source of protein

look for the bright side grasshopper.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Goddamn negative people! They suck!
  • Memerulez
    Options
    My Momma says, "Never cry when a person knocks you down. Just look them in the eye, point your other hands middle finger, and swing with your dominant hand." 'Nuf said.
    Lucy is adorable.