No-Bake, Nut Butter, Oatmeal Cookie Recipe

Options
cattiemac
cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
I got this recipe from Snack Girl (http://www.snack-girl.com/)

No-Bake, Nut Butter, Oatmeal Cookie
Serves 1

Ingredients
1/3 cup oats
1 1/2 teaspoons nut butter
1/8 cup milk (soy milk, almond milk, etc.)
1 teaspoon raisins
1 teaspoon maple syrup

Directions
Mix all ingredients in a small bowl with your hands (kids will love this!). Mush onto plate, wrap with plastic wrap, and place in refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight. You can make a few cookies, toss them in the fridge, and you have a delicious and whole grain snack for any time of day.

** This cookie makes a great breakfast. Make it the night before and grab it with your coffee. Also, kids totally love the idea of a breakfast cookie - and you can get them to mix in healthy things (and they get to use their hands!). You can add slivered almonds, chocolate chips, dried fruit, honey, mushed banana, or whatever suits you. The calorie content is going to depend on how much nut butter you use to hold it together and if you anything else to the mixture. If you follow this recipe they come out to about 190 calories.
** Nut butter is super healthy, but it is calorific, so if you are watching your weight you can use less.

Replies

• neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    how big is a cookie?
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    This might be a silly question; but how do you measure a teaspoon of rasins? Isn't that only like 5 rasins?
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    This might be a silly question; but how do you measure a teaspoon of rasins? Isn't that only like 5 rasins?

Just the same as you'd measure anything else. But yes, it's probably about 5 raisins. It looks like the recipe just makes one cookie though, so that seems like enough raisins for one cookie.

This recipe looks delicious! I'm definitely going to be trying it soon!
  • cattiemac
    Options
    how big is a cookie?

Here is a link to the recipe on snack girl's website http://www.snack-girl.com/snack/no-bake-nut-butter-oatmeal-coo/?e=6CMvSv68. It has a picture of the cookie ... not sure how to post pictures on this forum.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    This might be a silly question, but is nut butter the same as peanut butter?
  • cattiemac
    Options
    The following are nut butters:

- Almond butter
    - Cashew butter
    - Hazelnut butter
    - Macadamia nut butter
    - Peanut butter
    - Pecan butter
    - Pistachio butter
    - Walnut butter

So, yes you could use peanut butter. I haven't made them yet ... but when I do I'm going to use almond butter.
  • Jaewest
    Jaewest Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This might be a silly question, but is nut butter the same as peanut butter?

Not all nuts are created equal. The experts say Walnut and Almond butter are better choices then peanut.
  • bjcalling
    Options
    bumpity bump!
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    perfect size!!